6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Potential '95 EX With Swapped Engine Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Potential '95 EX With Swapped Engine Purchase

I just sold my '97 EX to my son Turd Jr. and presently looking at a '95 Civic EX
with a (70k miles) B20 swap and '01 Integra LS manual transmission with new Exedy flywheel, clutch kit, and throw out bearing. Before swapping the engine in he installed a timing belt kit, rear main and all other related seals.

As stated my prior car was a stock D16Y8 and I've owned a '98 EX with stock D16Y8 prior to the '97. I've never owned a Honda DOHC engine and would like to know if there are any differences in maintenance/care between the two.The B20 is out of a CR-V and I plan to keep it stock.