6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

1999 Honda Civic misfires on all cylinders

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Erik Olson is an unknown quantity at this point
1999 Honda Civic misfires on all cylinders

My engine light is blinking. I have a check engine light for all cylinders misfires. This occurred abruptly, and I assume that the spark plugs or spark plug wires couldn't be the problem because for all of them to go bad is unlikely. I've read some past threads, but they didn't have any solutions. In the mean time I'm going to continue researching. If you can give me ideas and point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. Thanks. It's a Honda Civic LX.
Old 01-03-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 1999 Honda Civic misfires on all cylinders

Really no one will be able to tell you what it is, because it could be multiple issues.
You will need to figure out what the issue is.

-Start by checking all fuses and grounds (this will probably not fix the issue but it is easy and dummy checks the systems).

-write down your codes

-reset the ecu

-take it for a rip keep trake of how it drives until you see the codes come back.

-pull the plugs and look for problems (corroded plugs, wrong plugs, oil in cylinders)
-also look at the coolant system and see if it is low and leaking into the cylinders.

....those check you can do with cheap tools and little to no experience over the weekend.

-Then check the timing, or get someone to check the timing.

If all looks well at that point you are looking at

lack of air, fuel or spark at the right moment. (probably not air since that would cause a no start issue).

You'll have to check how strong the spark is, compression, if fuel is getting to the rail in the right amount, injector pulse.

Good luck.