6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Flex pipe on exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cpgoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Flex pipe on exhaust?

Hi folks,

I have a 1997 Civic EX, and my muffler died. Bought a new one, unbolted the old one and bolted the new one on...piece of cake. But I was still getting noise and then noticed there were holes in the "Pipe B" that has the resonator on it. I bought a new "Pipe B", which also allows you to unbolt the old one and bolt on the new one. But my car has a flex pipe in between the "Pipe A" and the catalytic converter, and everything from the cat, to the flex pipe, to the "Pipe B" is welded together instead of bolted. Grr. So do I either need to 1) learn how to weld?, 2) just bring it somewhere to have them weld on the new "Pipe B"?

Attached is a diagram. I guess they didn't even use flex pipes back then because it's not even on here?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	exhaust.png
Views:	69
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	89284  
Old 11-30-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Flex pipe on exhaust?

Muffler shops are pretty cheap. Maybe give them a call.