6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Mini Me Swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ksn_ex is an unknown quantity at this point
Mini Me Swap

So my 00 ex has a rod knock. We pulled the head off. I've got metal shavings in the head and there is oil in the leftmost cylinder. There's no oil in the spark plugs, which seems to be the common situation I found when I searched my problem. How do I go about fixing?

I bought a dx hatch with a running d16y7 for $250. The plan is to put my old y8 head onto the y7 block since the old block is problematic. Will this work?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	89263  
Old 11-18-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mini Me Swap

So my 00 ex has a rod knock. We pulled the head off. I've got metal shavings in the head and there is oil in the leftmost cylinder. There's no oil in the spark plugs, which seems to be the common situation I found when I searched my problem. How do I go about fixing?
I'd just replace the entire engine.
Old 11-20-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mini Me Swap

I should work but as Ezone pointed out there are some big risks because if you have shavings in the head from the broken engine it can destroy the working engine.

If you're going to do it make sure you remove everything from the y8 head, every component of the valve assembly; clean them all, check them all for any signs of damage.

Take the head it self to a machine shop to check the head to make sure it is true, if not have them deck it.

And at the very least have them through it through a parts washer a few times.

or go to the scrap yard and pull a new y8 head.