6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Upgrades for my 97 civic LX

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gcbennett825 is an unknown quantity at this point
Upgrades for my 97 civic LX

I just bought a 97 civic lx and I want to upgrade it but don't know where to start. Looking to spend around 2 for everything and want it to turn into a beast. Please let me know where I should start and the best places to buy from online. Thanks
Old 10-20-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Upgrades for my 97 civic LX

Only 2k on everything to turn it into a beast? I wish you luck.

2k would be a good budget for a starting point on one aspect of performance.

What are your overall goals? Straight line? AutoX? Mostly cosmetic?
Old 10-20-2016
Registered!!

My goal is to have a great fast performance car that is also nice to look at. So cosmetically gorgeous too. It doesn't have to have everything ya know. Just enough so that it isn't stock and slow.
Old 10-20-2016
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

So, just a heads up.. My car was to be the same kinda deal. Faster than stock (though, still pretty slow. lol), looks to my liking, and a bunch of fun toys on the inside for me. As it sits right now, based on what I paid for everything, probably has about $10k dumped into it, parts alone. Labor was probably about 95% done by yours truly.

Research what you wanna do, give us a "vision" of your goals, and we can help you out. I can probably name one upgrade that will do you well, but will take a hefty part of that $2k budget of yours
Old 10-20-2016
Registered!!

Basically i want my car to be a head turner but not too many performance parts. Just full exhaust with headers, coilovers, sway and strut bars. And then just a new paint job. I want my car to have a little more power to I can fly around people on the highway when I have to lol
Old 10-20-2016

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Research what you wanna do, give us a "vision" of your goals, and we can help you out. I can probably name one upgrade that will do you well, but will take a hefty part of that $2k budget of yours
Paint alone would probably be well over $2k. If you have a D16y7 you can do a y8 head swap which is probably the most economical upgrade for HP but will only yield about an extra 20... not really what you would call a 'beast'. Next step would be either engine swap or turbo which again $2k probably won't cover either one.
Old 10-21-2016
Administrator
Administrator

2k might suffice for a basic boost build, if you shop extremely frugally (don't cheap out, but find good prices on good parts), and you set aside a good $250 for tuning costs..