6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fvckbg is an unknown quantity at this point
Intake manifold

So I'm changing my cylinder head gasket and I'm kinda stuck on the intake manifold. What I did so far was take out the power steering, took the valve cover off, remove the air filter, removed the distributor, removed headers, drained oil, took off some hoses, but now I'm stuck on the intake manifold. From what I know there is 7 nuts you're supposed to take off and then you're supposed to just pull it off? I'm working on my 98 civic d16 engine.
Old 05-19-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Intake manifold

You remove all the fasteners that hold the manifold to the head (count the bolt holes in your new gasket?), AND you have to undo the supports that hold the manifold up from underneath, before trying to pop the manifold loose from the head.

Most engines would have about 2 long brackets that run from the lower part of the block to the back of the manifold. Crawl under and look and see what's on yours.

Also...Timing belt?