6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Back Pressure PRoblem

Old 01-21-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BoN` is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Back Pressure PRoblem

OK well I have a 2000 civic SE (canada model only) its a D16y7 (so non vtec).

On the car I have a ractive short ram intake and a recently installed skunk2 megapower racing exhaust. ( diameter of the exhaust pipe is 60mm).

Second day I had the exhaust on the car, the guys at the shop wanted to see it, so I started her up and revd it to about 5-6k rmp then cut it.

I heard everyone going "ooooooh" in the back and thought it was there reaction to the exhaust,

Rather to my surprise it was their reaction the the copious amounts of "blue" smoke coming out of the exhaust and filling the shop.

I didn't think it was much at the time just some burning oil, then when i got home and parked the car in my garage, i could smell a heavy oil burning or plastic burning smell. I checked my dip stick and my engine was done dry, or at least had next to no oil.

To make a long story somewhat shorter, I called some of my buddies and one said my piston rings were shot, (or something like that).

I ran to crappy tire (in a diff car) and picked up some 10w-30 and Lucas oil stabilizer and dumped a good amount of that in there.

This seemed to do the trick for now, and I check my oil levels every time im in and out of the car, and I havnt really burned.

Now my questions are;

1. Can i keep using 10w-30 and lucas oil stabilizer in my engine or will the thicker oil ruin it.

2. Are there any other suggestions on what I can do to help eliminate the "back pressure" that ive some what endured.

3. Are there any other suggestions on what I can do in this situation, money is sorta a problem because a niga got bills to pay, so hopefully there some what cheap solutions.

4. Does anyone know a good D-series header that would work well with this engine and exhaust system.

So that's my situation right now, I appreciate everyone who is able to get through this essay I somehow produced and help me with an answer.

Thanks.