6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

New to the Forum with Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Casa is an unknown quantity at this point
New to the Forum with Questions!

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and have a few questions. I just bought a 2000 Civic EX and I love her! It's my first car and I plan on getting it a fresh paint job along with some other cosmetic upgrades.

First thing, I plan on adding a Type R lip kit and foggies, would I need anything else in addition to that to put it on my car?

Second, is there anything that I can do to spruce up my interior? It's not the worst shapeI I've ever seen but the black is a little bland. Red door panels, red cluster, anything?

The last thing is I was driving my brother's 07 CR-V with a substantial amount of power more than my Civic and I kinda miss that. Now assuming money is no issue what can I do to my car to make it at least 175 HP? I'd like to be able to keep up with my other brother who drives an '08 Si even.

Thanks for the help!
Old 01-15-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New to the Forum with Questions!

Originally Posted by Casa
...my brother's 07 CR-V with a substantial amount of power more than my Civic and I kinda miss that.
I'd gloat about my substantial amounts of gas mileage when comparing it to the CRV.

Now assuming money is no issue what can I do to my car to make it at least 175 HP? I'd like to be able to keep up with my other brother who drives an '08 Si even.
Money is no issue? Buy an Si!! Far easier and more reliable than stuffing a turbo on yours. No emissions testing hassles either.

/LOL
//I'll shut up now.

Ok seriously. https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...mi-newbie.html and http://www.xproductionz.com/k20swap/k20swap.html
Old 01-16-2012
Registered!!

Lolz! I should've been more realistic. Couldn't afford the Si. I just assumed whatever I'm doing to my engine or a swap would be cheaper.
Yea it's more gas efficient, a lot more, but it's not the same or anywhere near as fast.
By the way my car is stick.
Old 01-16-2012

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Did you look at the price breakdowns on the engine swap link?
IIRC, that was all parts prices, no labor.
To figure labor, think of what sort of time it would take to do a swap and triple it at the very least, then multiply by $100/hour.

I have done several repower jobs in my life on various makes and models. It always takes at least double or more than the time you thought it would in the beginning.
Old 01-16-2012
Registered!!

So a swap would be the only way for me to get the power I'm looking for without destroying my engine?
What about the Type R lip kit? I don't see how i can just put it on without needing a New exhaust.
Old 01-16-2012

I can't answer your questions about body mods. I deal with stock stuff all day long... But why in the world would you need to touch your exhaust to put on a lip spoiler?

Oh no, you can get more power from your engine.
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?
You can go with a cam and headers, intake and exhaust mods.
More bang for the buck would be a turbo, that probably would be fast and easy, there are plenty of options for that. You can get quite a bit more power without sacrificing a lot of the reliability. Look around, people do it all the time.
You might find where the weak parts are once you start making more power.
But if you want to make serious power, the sky is the limit.
I'm a dealer tech now, I don't really get into high performance stuff.
I really don't have the info you want or need.
Other people here would have far more info about it, I'm sure.

This person was somewhat near me, he got the car as fast as he could without going to the "next level" (more boost and exotic fuels). This was a drag car only. He was getting 2 passes per transmission in a class he was in at one point (I think it had to be a relatively stock trans, some time before the car was put up for sale). I think he said he was in the high 8 sec or low 9 sec range with it by the time he decided to get out of it. Dig all the stuff, the price, and know that he had far more in it than the asking price. http://www.honda-tech.tv/showthread.php?t=882668