6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Help me with fixing up my car :'[

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brodooski is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Help me with fixing up my car :'[

Hey everyone I have a Stock Honda Civic DX, 2000, Coupe White 84,000 miles and I have quite a few questions. I don't even know if it's worth fixing up a car with that many miles. :'(
1. I want to buy these 17" Rims for my civic, but I don't know why the inches would matter.
2. Anyway, now I need Headlights and I was thinking of buying these.
3. I need a muffler or a axleback exhaust that will sound good with my car, I don't really want it loud, just enough. I also don't want it to mess with my mpg.
4. I'm looking into changing the upholstry and I don't know where to find the seats or seat covers for it and what I should get. I would like a black seat interior front and rear. I'm thinking black seats with a mix of red.
5. How do I lower my car without it affecting my exhaust? Should I install it first then lower? I am also planning on buying this Lowering Spring to lower my car.
6. How much does a tint cost and what is considered legal in california? I have roll up windows so I can't put them down when I see cops..
7. Is there a way to install electronic roll up windows in my car?
I don't know where to find people to do this.. the business don't do it only wheels and rims. I live in southern california and I don't know people personally for them to do it because if they mess up, my car is messed up
8. How much does it cost to have a nice overall paint job? Nothing cheap. I'm expecting $800-$1000? Too much or too little?

How much do you think i'll be paying? 2-3k?
Old 09-21-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help me with fixing up my car :'[

Originally Posted by brodooski
Hey everyone I have a Stock Honda Civic DX, 2000, Coupe White 84,000 miles and I have quite a few questions. I don't even know if it's worth fixing up a car with that many miles. :'(
1. I want to buy these 17" Rims for my civic, but I don't know why the inches would matter.
2. Anyway, now I need Headlights and I was thinking of buying these.
3. I need a muffler or a axleback exhaust that will sound good with my car, I don't really want it loud, just enough. I also don't want it to mess with my mpg.
4. I'm looking into changing the upholstry and I don't know where to find the seats or seat covers for it and what I should get. I would like a black seat interior front and rear. I'm thinking black seats with a mix of red.
5. How do I lower my car without it affecting my exhaust? Should I install it first then lower? I am also planning on buying this Lowering Spring to lower my car.
6. How much does a tint cost and what is considered legal in california? I have roll up windows so I can't put them down when I see cops..
7. Is there a way to install electronic roll up windows in my car?
I don't know where to find people to do this.. the business don't do it only wheels and rims. I live in southern california and I don't know people personally for them to do it because if they mess up, my car is messed up
8. How much does it cost to have a nice overall paint job? Nothing cheap. I'm expecting $800-$1000? Too much or too little?

How much do you think i'll be paying? 2-3k?
1. Those rims look like Scion TC stock rims, inches would honestly be matter of preference, some people like bigger rims to make it more flush with the fender, truely up to you
2. Please don't get 10k HID's, you cant see sh*t with them and police don't like them
3. Axleback? haven't heard that before...maybe catback? lol Go with performance exhausts, they will run more $$'s but they sound nicer, and give you better results as per MPG (name brands like HKS, apexi, magnaflow...etc)
4. Walmart even sells seat covers, or local automotive stores do too like kragens/autozone, ebay and flea markets might also work
5. Lowering your car shouldnt effect your exhaust, unless you have a 7" muffler or something :X
6. Depending on who you ask to do your tints prices vary
Legal tints for california:
-Anything for rear/back window
-35% for front (STOCK, no aftermarket tints)
-non reflective tint on top 4" of windshield
7. Yes, there are DIY's all over for this
8. Depending on the quality you want, it can range from several hundred to several thousand
Old 09-23-2010
Registered!!

Steven21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help me with fixing up my car :'[

Dude we are trying to do like the same thing but i have found that a nice paint job will cost around 2200 dollars but i was told it will fade in a few years. im getting power windows soon in mine which i was quoted at 650 at one place and 1000 at another. tints arent very expensive about 99 to 300 to get it done.headlights look good same with the rims. and you should check out this wesite called racer union but i dont have the link just google it they have tons of cool stuff. honestly i would not do a cat back exhaust or lower this car, unless your gonna do a swap its useless this thing has like the worst engine in it and is not made for power just to last forever. so i would avoid those 2 unless your planning to swap. and with upholstery im sure there is someone in cali that can do that and/or all this for you just shop around. hope this helps bro best of luck