Originally Posted by brodooski
Hey everyone I have a Stock Honda Civic DX, 2000, Coupe White 84,000 miles and I have quite a few questions. I don't even know if it's worth fixing up a car with that many miles. :'(
1. I want to buy these
17" Rims for my civic, but I don't know why the inches would matter.
2. Anyway, now I need Headlights and I was thinking of buying these
3. I need a muffler or a axleback exhaust that will sound good with my car, I don't really want it loud, just enough. I also don't want it to mess with my mpg.
4. I'm looking into changing the upholstry and I don't know where to find the seats or seat covers for it and what I should get. I would like a black seat interior front and rear. I'm thinking black seats with a mix of red.
5. How do I lower my car without it affecting my exhaust? Should I install it first then lower? I am also planning on buying this
Lowering Spring to lower my car.
6. How much does a tint cost and what is considered legal in california? I have roll up windows so I can't put them down when I see cops..
7. Is there a way to install electronic roll up windows in my car?
I don't know where to find people to do this.. the business don't do it only wheels and rims. I live in southern california and I don't know people personally for them to do it because if they mess up, my car is messed up
8. How much does it cost to have a nice overall paint job? Nothing cheap. I'm expecting $800-$1000? Too much or too little?
How much do you think i'll be paying? 2-3k?
1. Those rims look like Scion TC stock rims, inches would honestly be matter of preference, some people like bigger rims to make it more flush with the fender, truely up to you
2. Please don't get 10k HID's, you cant see sh*t with them and police don't like them
3. Axleback? haven't heard that before...maybe catback? lol Go with performance exhausts, they will run more $$'s but they sound nicer, and give you better results as per MPG (name brands like HKS, apexi, magnaflow...etc)
4. Walmart even sells seat covers, or local automotive stores do too like kragens/autozone, ebay and flea markets might also work
5. Lowering your car shouldnt effect your exhaust, unless you have a 7" muffler or something :X
6. Depending on who you ask to do your tints prices vary
Legal tints for california:
-Anything for rear/back window
-35% for front (STOCK, no aftermarket tints)
-non reflective tint on top 4" of windshield
7. Yes, there are DIY's all over for this
8. Depending on the quality you want, it can range from several hundred to several thousand