6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

97 lx came without a radio, help

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
john87 is an unknown quantity at this point
97 lx came without a radio, help

Picked up the car a week ago without a radio, however it had an aftermarket harness spliced in. I bought a new head unit at Wal-Mart and wired the new unit to the existing wires. My radio won't turn on, all the wires match (yellow to white/blue, etc), however the stock radio and remote module were not included with the car so both green plugs are not connected to anything. Is there a wire in one of the green plugs that needs to be jumped to make my radio work?
Old 03-16-2015
Registered!!

marek91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 97 lx came without a radio, help

Hi John,

I understand that you are having problems with your radio, the only wires you need for your the radio to work is your Yellow (constant) Red (switched 12Volt) and Black (ground).

Please test your constant with a voltmeter, does it have 12V?
Turn the key to the 'on' position and check your switched 12volt wire does it have 12v now?
Check your ground to make sure it is actually grounded.

If you are having issues with power check the Radio fuses, one under dash and one under hood, I'm willing to bet that one has popped if the wiring is sketchy.

Happy troubleshooting

Marek
Old 04-16-2015
Registered!!

Poorside80 is an unknown quantity at this point

To John87: it is bad idea to get just any BLACK WIRE to Ground your Stereo, i Highly Recomend to get a piece of wire, drill an hole to the Bare Metal and atach wire on the metal with a screw. otherwise you can hear Altenator Whining through the speakers.
To Marek91: under your Reply/Quote, there's an image of a Silver Civic on 3 sides: front, driver side an rear. Do you know, How those Taillights are Called?i been looking for a set like that. the ones that look like 2000 Accord Taillights. i like those for my Civic, i appreciate if you tell me how those are called!!!
Old 02-29-2016
Registered!!

marek91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poorside80
To John87: it is bad idea to get just any BLACK WIRE to Ground your Stereo, i Highly Recomend to get a piece of wire, drill an hole to the Bare Metal and atach wire on the metal with a screw. otherwise you can hear Altenator Whining through the speakers.
To Marek91: under your Reply/Quote, there's an image of a Silver Civic on 3 sides: front, driver side an rear. Do you know, How those Taillights are Called?i been looking for a set like that. the ones that look like 2000 Accord Taillights. i like those for my Civic, i appreciate if you tell me how those are called!!!
late reply, as I didn't get a notification. But the taillights that where on that car where from an Acura 1.6 EL (only available in Canada) If you have a 99-00 civic sedan you need the EL trunk lid and outer taillights if you have a 96 - 98 sedan then just the outer EL lights will give you the 'red white' look.

Marek