6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Engine search

Old 04-14-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uncle X is an unknown quantity at this point
Engine search

Can anyone point me in the right direction of buying a engine for my '00 lx? I've been quoted 7g's to rebuild her but I feel that's a bit extreme. So I'm looking to exhaust ever option before deciding if I should part ways. There's a lot of websites claiming they have the engine you need for the right price but how do you know?? Anything is helpful.... Thanks
Old 04-14-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Engine search

Find your engine code stamped on the little square pad on the block like this one

I'd think you can find original used engines all day long for less than a grand.
www.car-part.com
Old 04-15-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uncle X is an unknown quantity at this point

I know it's a D16y7... What's does the bottom number reference? I'll check out the website....Thanks
Old 04-15-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle X
What's does the bottom number reference?
It's just a serial number.
Old 04-15-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Uncle X
I know it's a D16y7... What's does the bottom number reference? I'll check out the website....Thanks
well, we did not know until you told us... Who know what engine someone could have put in there before you got the car during it's 16 year old life?? We not telepathic like some spies are, you know? X-files, anyone?

can you tell me what my name is through the screen full of words? well, we can't tell what your engine is without you telling us through the screen full of words...

Come on, help us help you...

Also, 7k for rebuilding the engine?!? It's too much. I could make a K-swap for that with it rebuilt and tuned. unless they were trying to make it a monster (well, maybe not a monster, it would go over 25k to make a real monster, but much less to make it back to stock form aside from some wear through the years)

Last edited by sdaidoji; 04-15-2015 at 10:06 PM.