6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hsennik is an unknown quantity at this point
Injectors

can someone please explain what 'cc' means for injectors, and mainly how it will change my decision on whether to buy a 250cc or a 750cc for example. Does it make a reasonable performance difference too? Will i need to compensate new injectors for better pistons etc?

Thanks
Old 02-16-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Injectors

the "cc" rating on fuel injectors refers to its capacity to move x amount of fuel per minute. For the non-Si 7thgen (01-05) civics, I believe the rating is something like 230cc, or 230mL per minute (since 1cm³ = 1mL).

That said, pumping more fuel into your car will not raise performance. The warrant for higher capacity fuel injectors simply relies on your car's fuel needs. Simply upgrading the pistons also doesn't necessarily warrant the use of increased injector capacity, especially some that spit out 300% of the car's OEM injector capacity (using your numbers, assuming the 250cc is OEM and 750cc would be the aftermarket you're looking at). No matter what injectors you swap in, they're going to be useless without a few things. To name a few: increased air volume to necessitate the need for an increased fuel supply (e.g. turbo, supercharging, crazy N/A builds), proper fuel management to regulate the new increase in fuel delivery capacity, fuel regulation components, and possibly some others I can't think of.

I had a turbo on my car for a good while, and I only upgraded my injectors from the OEM 230cc to RSX 310cc injectors. Without changing anything else in my fuel system other than having air/fuel management components, that 80cc/min upgrade was more than sufficient to handle the extra air volume the turbocharger fed while at boost.

So, I must ask, so we can send you down the road to make proper decisions: what are your goals for your car?
Old 02-17-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hsennik is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Injectors

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
the "cc" rating on fuel injectors refers to its capacity to move x amount of fuel per minute. For the non-Si 7thgen (01-05) civics, I believe the rating is something like 230cc, or 230mL per minute (since 1cm³ = 1mL).

That said, pumping more fuel into your car will not raise performance. The warrant for higher capacity fuel injectors simply relies on your car's fuel needs. Simply upgrading the pistons also doesn't necessarily warrant the use of increased injector capacity, especially some that spit out 300% of the car's OEM injector capacity (using your numbers, assuming the 250cc is OEM and 750cc would be the aftermarket you're looking at). No matter what injectors you swap in, they're going to be useless without a few things. To name a few: increased air volume to necessitate the need for an increased fuel supply (e.g. turbo, supercharging, crazy N/A builds), proper fuel management to regulate the new increase in fuel delivery capacity, fuel regulation components, and possibly some others I can't think of.

I had a turbo on my car for a good while, and I only upgraded my injectors from the OEM 230cc to RSX 310cc injectors. Without changing anything else in my fuel system other than having air/fuel management components, that 80cc/min upgrade was more than sufficient to handle the extra air volume the turbocharger fed while at boost.

So, I must ask, so we can send you down the road to make proper decisions: what are your goals for your car?

I appreciate you taking the time to go through all of this by the way. And honestly I dont have vtec, its a B20b and i heard its got some torque. Its got a short gear b16 tranny (the car that I am buying soon). But I want a car that can get around pretty quickly without vtec or boost (for financial reasons). I was just spitting out ideas just to see what the responses were and if it was feasible or not. I guess better injectors were not rational, but we did talk about race cams and different stage ones which was helpful. I am just curious as to different approaches or routes i can go with this. Thanks