6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Need help please!! Motor flooding bad

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adamrives is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help please!! Motor flooding bad

I'm new to the whole forum thing so if this is the wrong place to put this I'm sorry. I have a 2000 civic si ls-vtec swap. It's a b18b1 with a gsr head and t3/t4 set up. I'm not sure on the ecu everything was done to the car when I got it. Well my problem started when I burned a hole in the number 3 piston. I had a spare b18b1 I swapped a piston out of. I then reinstalled everything. When I went to fire it up it wouldn't run unless you gave it some gas. It was running super rich. If I gave it some gas it would run but sounded like it was cammed. I retimed the motor 4 times and it still does it. The plugs are soaked with fuel. Fuel pressure is around 32 at idle. If you need more info please ask and I'll try to help. I'm lost I am new to boosted vehicles and it is the first Honda I have pulled down so any help is appreciated.
Old 01-24-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adamrives is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Need help please!! Motor flooding bad

No one?
Old 01-24-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

you cant just grab a piston from another motor and throw it in there, pistons and cylinders require very precise measurements, what your likely hearing is very loud piston slap, the piston is too small for the cylinder

why did you need to retime the motor so many times?

was the timing incorrect?
Old 01-24-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Cam timing needs to be perfect. They flood out real easy and have low power if a cam is off by a tooth or more.