6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Nut size for the rear shock

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hxdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Nut size for the rear shock

I'm replacing the rear shocks with aftermarket shock/spring assy. As you may know the factory shocks have the nut welded to the shock body that the bolt just screws into. The aftermarket shocks don't have welded nut and so I'm just wondering what size nut would I need for the shock bolt to screw into? For reference if you click on the link below, I'm talking about this bolt pictured number 17 and it screw into that nut.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...SHOCK+ABSORBER
Old 12-25-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nut size for the rear shock

The aftermarket shocks don't have welded nut
The old ones may not be welded either by the time you get it apart.

The bolt is 10mm...the nut needs to be the same.....I'll guess 1.25 thread pitch.

A thought: While you are at the store, just go to the nut and bolt bin and pick out a set of new bolts and nuts that match each other. That way you don't need to worry about matching up the original hardware, toss it all aside and start fresh.