6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

New To Honda need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014
8MiL3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dkw2tbl is an unknown quantity at this point
New To Honda need help

Just bought a 2000 civic ex coupe when I hit 60 steering wheel and seemingly the front end shakes bad? What could it be... It pulls to the right so I'm thinking bad tire/rim and maybe need an alignment? Where can I find reasonably priced sensors have bad o2 and range
Old 10-18-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New To Honda need help

A bad tire can cause shakes and cause it to pull one direction or the other. This may be your situation.

Shaking at speed has to do with balance of the spinning objects (tire and wheel), not alignment. (Alignment has to do with making all the wheels stand up straight and point forward.)

A tire that is no longer round can throw off the balance too.

If one clobbered a pothole or curb and bent a wheel and/or tweaked the suspension, then both tires/wheels and alignment can be affected. And more.

Have a pro evaluate the situation?

I'd test drive to verify the complaint and evaluate how it drives, then raise the car and spin the wheels, looking to be sure the tires all spin round and true and make sure none have obvious belt damage. If they are good, then balance them.

If a tire has obvious problems with the steel belts, balancing won't help and it needs replaced. A bad tire is dangerous.

O2 sensors.....Use whatever brand the factory installed. It will be DENSO or NTK.