6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

2000 Civic SI Random misfires.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
killa31 is an unknown quantity at this point
2000 Civic SI Random misfires.

Hey guys I've had this problem for about a year now since about a week after I bought the car. A few things I've tried are; I just replaced the battery, because the guy at O'reillys said it was bad, nothin, I've tried squirting water on the dizzy to see if it might bog down a bit, someone told me to do it for the intake gasket as well, but nothing. p0300 are my obd codes. When it first started last year I had my buddy check the Plugs and he told me they were fine. Also I dont know if its something big but since IVe had it I've noticed oil leaking all over the valve cover and some of the bolts, and was wondering if that might be something bad too, heres a few pics http://imgur.com/a/K8SKv . What might be some things to test before throwing more money at it?
By the way everything on the car was on there when I bought it. Ive only done the oil change on it.
Old 09-09-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2000 Civic SI Random misfires.

Is it running rough? Hard to start?

Has it ever had a tune up? Plugs, cap, rotor, wires.
Old 09-09-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the valve cover is missing some of those big washers with the rubber pads in them.

What's the freeze frame data have in it?
Old 11-05-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LuckysEk98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by killa31
When it first started last year I had my buddy check the Plugs and he told me they were fine.
Check out the spark plugs personally, take em off individually, if they are bad replace them with new ones. The check engine codes can tell you that one of the spark plugs aint firing. Other ways to check this is doing a compression test.

-LuckysEk98