6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Need some info/help on CAI's and SRI's.

Old 07-26-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bloodz is an unknown quantity at this point
Need some info/help on CAI's and SRI's.

Hi, I've have lately been searching quite alot about intakes and the pros and cons of both CAI and SRI. Many people say CAI is much better in terms of perfomance but there is the problem of hydrolocking and the SRI's heatsoaking (heatsoaking is not a big of a problem since I live in Iceland). SRI's are also known for being louder and it just happens that when I bought my Civic it had a K&N SRI already installed from the previous owner. I will be driving the car only on the summer because in the winter they put salt on the roads and kills the cars. So with that in mind I'm thinking about getting a K&N CAI but still it often rains (nothing crazy) in the summer, meaning there aren't big poodles in the streets. What should I go for? My brains are frying....
Old 07-26-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Need some info/help on CAI's and SRI's.

You don't need to worry about hydrolock unless you completely submerge your air filter into water. This shouldn't happen if you don't try to drive through water that is to deep.

I have a CAI and enjoy it better then SRI I had on a previous car. I drive my car in rain storms with no issues, the car is lowered also.

I like the sound of the CAI and the throttle response it provides (especially on cold morning and nights).
Old 07-27-2014
Registered!!

Bloodz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
You don't need to worry about hydrolock unless you completely submerge your air filter into water. This shouldn't happen if you don't try to drive through water that is to deep.

I have a CAI and enjoy it better then SRI I had on a previous car. I drive my car in rain storms with no issues, the car is lowered also.

I like the sound of the CAI and the throttle response it provides (especially on cold morning and nights).
What CAI would you recommend?
Old 08-09-2014
Registered!!

Coupex14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did the K&N intake reduce your gas mileage its the only concerns I have?