6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

How to get keyless entry working?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mvmacd is an unknown quantity at this point
How to get keyless entry working?

Hi, I have a 97 Civic LX and it came with an aftermarket keyless entry, I believe. There's a LED sticking out of the dash.

Here is a pic of the unit near the obd ii connector behind the panel.

Now after I start engine, all locks but drivers door locks. After I turn engine off, they unlock. Is this the aftermarket alarm doing this?

I want to get keyless entry working, but I don't have a fob. Do I have to buy a specific fob for the model of system I have? Or are there many brands that work with cross compatibility?

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 07-21-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: How to get keyless entry working?

This looks like the remote that you need:

http://www.brentwoodcaraudio.com/mob...uct.aspx?id=92

It looks like an aftermarket system and it is what is locking and unlocking the doors after you start the car. Most systems have settings like that. I would buy a fob specific to your system which from what I could read from the pic says "Executive 3000".
Old 07-21-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mvmacd is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How to get keyless entry working?

Ok I found that one on eBay for about $10. Does anybody else have any input before I go ahead and buy it? I found the manual online for the Executive 3000 [ http://www.caralarm.com/manuals/Exec...cutive-All.pdf ] and the programming instructions seem simple.

If anybody knows, specifically, whether any other kind of key fob will work, then that is what I'd like to know before I buy this fob, since I am not sure of the dimensions, and I want something as small as possible.

Matt