6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

need recommendation for new radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mvmacd is an unknown quantity at this point
need recommendation for new radio

Hi, my stock radio's volume control is dying on my 97 Civic LX. When I try to turn it up, it goes up and down. I usually have to go 1 click at a time and it sometimes takes 10 seconds before it goes where I want.

Now I tried to figure out how to take the unit out but couldn't, since then I found a nice guide with pictures for my year and think I can do it now.

So here's the deal, I want a radio that doesn't cost a lot. The features required are FM, AUX, and a clock displayed at all times (without having to press a silly "CLK" button), and I really, really want it to respect my car's illumination setting to match my dash light. (It has to have "illumination" wire on the harness).

Features that would be a plus: AM radio, USB/SD. And a dedicated Tune button. I do not like when you have to hold a button for 2 sec to change to tune mode, using Seek buttons.

I'm looking to spend around $40, can't justify spending much more than that right now while I don't have a steady job.

If you know of a model that sounds like a match, please reply!

Also my car has a LED sticking out of dash, and it looks like a aftermarket keyless entry. But I do not have the key fob. So I do not know whether it would mess anything up to replace radio. Any ideas? I took a photo of it to get model #..Executive 3000. Could I buy a fob on eBay and program it myself?
Thanks guys!
Old 09-24-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AWDSYCO is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: need recommendation for new radio

I have stock 99 Civic EX radio if you want it, LMK.