6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

what's my Honda worth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xdgme is an unknown quantity at this point
what's my Honda worth?

Its a 1996 civic ?x 2 door 5 speed 1.6l. I paid $1100 to it in July of 2013 since I've had it it has gotten this
Rebuilt tranny
All new seals on engine
New headliner
New seat cover
All new stainless steel lines
New fuel tank and straps
All weather seals replaced
New rims and tires
All fluids changed
All new filters
A detailing inside and out
One rust spot size of a silver dollar
Under coating
New window motors
New headlights
New fuel rail
And all routine main thence
No dents or scratches runs like a champ 37mpg and a cracked wind screen
Somebody give me about what its worth. Grandma is selling her Subaru and I want to keep it in the family so time to sell mine
Old 03-17-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: what's my Honda worth?

Since you didn't include your mileage or the trim level, I'll assume 150K miles and EX. In very good condition KBB places it at $1600 for a private listing.

http://www.kbb.com/honda/civic/1996-...=private-party
Old 03-18-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

You could get more if you find the right buyer and the body is in great shape. It's a very popular chassis to modify, but depends on your area.

I would go with kbb value.
Old 03-18-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xdgme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poopies
Since you didn't include your mileage or the trim level, I'll assume 150K miles and EX. In very good condition KBB places it at $1600 for a private listing.

http://www.kbb.com/honda/civic/1996-...=private-party
191xxx I don't think its an ex it had he badges but its a non vteC honestly I was hoping to get 3k because of the condition but sell for 5k only want 3 because of all the repairs and have the recipes for all of them
Old 03-18-2014
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

$1500 if your lucky....but probably less

Last edited by mikey1; 03-18-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-18-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by xdgme
191xxx I don't think its an ex it had he badges but its a non vteC honestly I was hoping to get 3k because of the condition but sell for 5k only want 3 because of all the repairs and have the recipes for all of them
Nah, Civics aren't (and will probably never be) considered classics or collectibles so any repairs you do will keep it running longer but will have very little effect on value. ALL of the stuff you did can be considered maintenance items.
Now, if you were to add a turbo or convert the catalytic converter into a beer making machine, your value could definitely increase... but who would want to sell their beer-dispensing, turbocharged car?
Old 03-18-2014
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Poopies
any repairs you do will keep it running longer but will have very little effect on value. ALL of the stuff you did can be considered maintenance items.
^ this

Cars are money pits. Money goes in but never comes back out. Where I live that car would be worth about $1000. If you still have your old stock tires you could try and sell the new ones separately from the car for a few more dollars.