6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Stage 1 Crower Cam -- Need help on research

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011
Autocross Padawan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light
Stage 1 Crower Cam -- Need help on research

Hey guys

Since my d16y8 head got mutilated by the local shop I've been looking for a new head. I found one right here on the forums with a stage 1 crower cam already installed. Sweet. I did a lot of reading and I still need some questions answered and some other things confirmed.

- I understand I can run a stock ecu as long as I reset it after the install.
- I've heard that I can run factory valvetrain since the stage 1 cam doesn't make much, if any power after factory redline (I'd be keeping the factory redline). However, the block still has 134,xxx miles on it. Would it be a good idea to replace the springs and retainers anyway?
- I've been told that you should advance the cam by 2 degrees. Advancing the cam makes the engine think it has a smaller camshaft, thus giving more bottom end power? Or do I have that reversed?
- I haven't came across anything involving fuel management. Should I replace the injectors with slightly bigger (310cc) injectors or can I just leave the fuel management alone?
- Right now I don't have any engine modifications. Is the car going to run poorly from the lack of an intake?
- I've been using Pennzoil High Mileage oil for my car. With the head refurbished, would it still be ok to run this? Or should I go to synthetic, or perhaps a different oil?

Thanks for your input.
Old 06-19-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Stage 1 Crower Cam -- Need help on research

For 7th gen no changes required. Does new head have new springs?
Old 06-19-2011
Autocross Padawan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Stage 1 Crower Cam -- Need help on research

No. Just new seals.