Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

need to order an input shaft bearing ....where is the best and cheapest

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris Kimberlin is an unknown quantity at this point
need to order an input shaft bearing ....where is the best and cheapest

I'm goin to have to pull my trans in my 05 civic lx manual...I've narrowed it down to the input shaft bearing my question is where can I order just the bearing amd what else am I goin to need (besides tools)
Old 03-25-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: need to order an input shaft bearing ....where is the best and cheapest

I recommend OEM parts from Majestic Honda.
Old 03-25-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

amd what else am I goin to need (besides tools)
The obvious bearing(s) in question
I strongly recommend new seals for the input shaft and the two axles (don't whine about an extra $30 dollars for the job)
RTV sealant, either Hondabond or Permatex Ultra Gray
Honda Manual Trans Fluid

If you take it out the bottom of the car, Cotter pins for the ball joint nuts

Service manual for when you can't figure out why it won't come apart after you got all the bolts out LOL
Old 03-26-2017
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

the words "best" and "cheapest" should never be used in the same sentence
Old 03-27-2017
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the rough

I got my parts from ebay, a dealership sells on there and they had the best price in my area. I called my local dealerships and they had the bearing at a higher price, so I went ahead with Ebay since it also had free shipping.

Get everything Ezone recommended, you could also do the clutch since you are there..

There is a good DIY here for the input shaft bearing, it includes steps on removing the trans from the top. There is also a two part youtube video showing how to take the trans appart and change the bearing step by step.

Good luck with your project
Old 03-27-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikey1
the words "best" and "cheapest" should never be used in the same sentence
To be completely fair, there is a difference between shopping cheaply and frugally. I'd say in this context, the latter applies.

For a Honda OEM part, the ISB p/n is 91002-PS0-013

$28 shipped from hondaparrtsunlimited.com (Showcase Honda out of AZ)
$30 shipped from hondaautomotiveparts.com (Majestic Honda out of RI)
$29 from Amazon (prime eligible - free 2 day shipping)

edit: this thread should give you good info https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...t-bearing.html
Old 04-02-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic4me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chris Kimberlin
I'm goin to have to pull my trans in my 05 civic lx manual...I've narrowed it down to the input shaft bearing my question is where can I order just the bearing amd what else am I goin to need (besides tools)
I got my ISB today at Honda dealer, paid $45CAD, and seal for it - -$9CAD. Seal is a must. Also you will need MT oil, every honda dealer should have it in stock.