7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

02 Civic Won't Start

Old 03-22-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AntiqueMechanic is an unknown quantity at this point
02 Civic Won't Start

I recently received an 02 Civic LX in a trade and I'm trying to get it going. This is my first Honda so bare with me. Lol
The cars current state is that the radiator is empty for reasons I don't know and then some of the airbox piping is off. It has had the timing redone about 20,000 miles ago. It has Bosch plugs and it gets a spark. It also get fuel as the plugs are wet when I pull them out and I can also hear the fuel pump turning on. I was told that it was running fine and then one day it just wouldn't start.

The issue I'm having is that it just won't start. I've tried holding the pedal to make sure it's not flooded and it seems to help some bit it still never fully starts. I think the main relay is working because I can hear it clicking and the fuel pump is turning on and off. I took a video to show you guys what I'm dealing with.

https://youtu.be/5U-KQpq2Gz4

If anybody has any input or anything they can direct me too, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-23-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 02 Civic Won't Start

That seemed to be making a hell of a lot of rattle noises. Where's all that rattle coming from?
Engine oil check--super low? WAS it low? Refilled?

Timing cover area---did the timing belt tensioner spring break, is the timing belt real loose now?

Haven't you filled the radiator to see where the coolant goes?
Overheated? Head gasket/warped head?

Search this Thread