7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Struts

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
User 082322 is an unknown quantity at this point
Struts

Anyone have experience with eBay struts? I'm on a tight budget but I also don't want to risk having a failure while driving. The ones I checked out were sensen. But there's a lot others
Old 03-20-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Struts

Ehhh... I'd save up for knowingly reliable struts. Potential failure can yield catastrophic results.

What's your budget for struts looking like?
Old 03-20-2017
Registered!!

User 082322 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I know but this car I just bought needs them badly but it's needing a lot of work and I'm broke. It looks like it'll be costing me around 200 . I'd like to stay under 200 if I can
Old 03-20-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

minimum are kayaba, equivalent to stock...

if you have a 2001-2005, they have struts, as in the shocks are integral to the suspension geometry - they are structural, so called struts. Very dangerous if they fail...
Old 03-28-2017
Registered!!

Strycker is an unknown quantity at this point

Replaced all 4 corners on the wife's '02 LX last year with Monroe Quick-Struts and no complaints. Can get good deals on them through Advance Auto with their discounts. Not sure budget wise, but these have been really good.
Old 04-02-2017
Registered!!

OneJzSupra is an unknown quantity at this point

I replaced all four of mine from NAPA which is the only real thing on island. Cheap shocks = garbage.... They all failed within 1.5 years.... I ended up spending a few hundred more for Tein Street Basic shocks and couldn't be happier. I run Tein Flex shocks on my Supra and haven't had any issues with them as well.