7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Em2 random misfire

Old 03-18-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Em2rookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Em2 random misfire

I have a 2002 Honda Civic, I have owned it for a year now and ever since then I have had a random misfire. It had problems of over heating so it was rebuilt from the cylinder head up. The cylinder head got cut and cleaned it got new gaskets, new spark plugs, new EGR (was clogged with carbon) and after that still had a random misfire. So I decided to start from basics my friend got me used Honda ignition coils that he had laying around (same year and model) but didn't make a difference. Compression and fuel pressure checked out good and we're within specs , and at this point i don't know what path to take. Any suggestions? I have seen other forums for this same topic on the same model civic but no one has been able to figure it out Or even give a good direction on witch to go. Mostly every one gives up and passes it on
Old 03-18-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Em2rookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Em2 random misfire

Forgot to mention it has new timing belt with tensioner and water pump. I have also replaced battery.
Old 03-19-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Em2 random misfire

Post your fault codes and the freeze frame data

Search this Thread