7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Cheapest way to rekey/replace lock cylinders?

Old 02-24-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of light
Cheapest way to rekey/replace lock cylinders?

I stupidly had a spare key in my wallet that got stolen this morning out of my car, and now I need all 6 locks replaced or rekeyed. Insurance doesn't compensate. What would you guys do, remove the locks and take them to a locksmith?
Old 02-24-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Cheapest way to rekey/replace lock cylinders?

Maybe put a club on the wheel until you can replace the cylinders/key.
Old 02-25-2017
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

I could be wrong depend on year and what info you have but the dealer could make me two keys. I did have one but he did not use it to the best of my knowledge. He made me a spare without the alarm buttons but like the one that did that I put behind plate. Then when the grandson used the one alarm key for a pry bar, made the key and I dropped the alarm unit into it since the unit in 07 now has the immobilizer in it. My 05 has it in the key blank.

If your car has the immobilizer in it, he will need car and may just want it unless he know you well.
Old 02-25-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

on a 97, no immobilizer....regular keys not sidewinder.

I'd say to contact a locksmith, explain what happened, and see if they can retumble the locks and make a few new keys for them
(make sure to mention the locks are not sidewinder type and it does not have immobilizer)

....and if they say can do it....pull your locks out and take them to that lock shop.

A few dollars later.....you're back in your driveway installing them.

Next option might be to scavenge a full set (with keys) from a wrecking yard.
Old 02-25-2017
Registered!!

buzzlightyear is an unknown quantity at this point

You can also buy a whole new lock set for about $30 a piece just use the wonderful magic of google and you'll see. (don't know how much a locksmith would charge though could be cheaper route
Old 02-25-2017
Registered!!

Cleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the replies. I just bought and installed a new ignition cylinder lock, new from autozone for 23 bucks. (Napa also sells them)

http://www.autozone.com/interior/ign...der/104020_0_0

I called the locksmith before I bought it to make sure he can rekey the rest of the cylinders to the new keys, which he said he could for 20 a piece if I take them out myself.

I also bought one of those master locks for 20 bucks at walmart. My neighbor who parks next to me has one because she had her 99 civic stolen... and then returned. -_- I had about $175 of tools including an 82-piece bostitch spline socket set stolen. (I love that set! Best value at 60-72 bucks, and they are sold out everywhere)

Search this Thread