7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

CEL came on then off???

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J MERZ is an unknown quantity at this point
CEL came on then off???

So my 01 civic had an p1361 code. Went into limp mode. Couldn't go over 3k RPM. So I Took it to a mechanic and got it fixed, but then after a couple months the check engine light came on again. So I check the codes and I gave me P1361 again. But the car was driving fine. no loss of power. So after driving it for a couple days with the CEL light on it finally came off. Should I take it to mechanic or what Should I do?? Thanks in advance
Old 02-01-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: CEL came on then off???

I see you figured out how to start a thread.....so I erased the other posts you made.

The CEL went out by itself because the computer hasn't seen the same problem in the last few drives.....but the code data should still be stored in memory for a while.

The last time you had the P1361 code, exactly what repairs were made?

Any reputable shop would give a warranty of some sort on their work........
Most common seems to be 1 year/12,000 mile warranty. Take it back to the shop and see what they will do.
Old 02-02-2017
Registered!!

Either the cam shaft position sensor or the crank shaft position sensor. I'll have to look at the paper work again. I always get the two mixed up. What is the TDC sensor? He also said he cleared the codes.. Should I still be driving it?
Old 02-02-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

P1361 is the cam sensor (CMP), sometimes called the TDC .
Old 02-02-2017
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

Consider doing the timing belt and water pump service at the same time as the CMP sensor if you are due to save on labour.

If you just had the TB service done and you are getting the CMP code, perhaps it was related?
Old 02-02-2017
Registered!!

The TB was done 30k miles ago. So not sure if it is related? Also having rpm issues. When I press the gas and let go the needle will stay at or around 1500 rpm for a second or two then go back down to damn near 0. Then up to 400k rpm. But If I barely tap it it will stay steady at 800k rpm.. Any thoughts?
Old 02-02-2017
Registered!!

RPM Issues!!!!

Also having rpm issues. When I press the gas and let go the needle will stay at or around 1500 rpm for a second or two then go back down to damn near 0. Then up to 400k rpm. But If I barely tap it it will stay steady at 800k rpm.. Any thoughts?
Old 02-02-2017

Originally Posted by J MERZ
The TB was done 30k miles ago. So not sure if it is related? Also having rpm issues. When I press the gas and let go the needle will stay at or around 1500 rpm for a second or two then go back down to damn near 0. Then up to 400k rpm. But If I barely tap it it will stay steady at 800k rpm.. Any thoughts?
Fix the known problem first (fault code).