7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Auto to Manual

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travisf1590 is an unknown quantity at this point
Auto to Manual

So im doing the auto to manual swap and have a few questions i have read the forum and post on how to do it and the questions i have that i cant seem to find is this i have a 04 LX auto right now the manual and everything is from a 02 ex can i use that ECU from that car or will it not work correctly also can i keep the auto wire harness? or do i need to pull that also sorry if this has been asked before just looking for some more help
Old 01-23-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Auto to Manual

you need the ecu to match engine (vtec/non-vtec) and tranny (auto/manual) and i believe you will need the harness as well, the only electrical component on the manual trans is the reverse switch. But if the car you're grabbing the harness from has vtec and you have a non vtec car thats going to cause some issues as well. grab the head and do a vtec swap while you're changing everything else?
Old 01-23-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travisf1590 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Colin42
you need the ecu to match engine (vtec/non-vtec) and tranny (auto/manual) and i believe you will need the harness as well, the only electrical component on the manual trans is the reverse switch. But if the car you're grabbing the harness from has vtec and you have a non vtec car thats going to cause some issues as well. grab the head and do a vtec swap while you're changing everything else?
i have non-vtec car and ecu right now thats an auto however i already have a D17a2 vtec motor in and running without the vtec enabled since my ecu doesn't have it so i can pull the ecu and harness if i want it for the same price but i keep getting mixed responses about wideband and narrom band o2 sensors some say it work and others dont since i have a 04 and that car is a 02 i was told it wont work
Old 01-23-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

I would think if you have the 02 ecu and the same type of sensors that the 02 engine would have it would be ok. But that's not something I have experience with personally