7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Vibration in rear

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
obowhunter2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Vibration in rear

Hello everyone new to the site. I have a 04 civic lx auto. When I'm driving 65 mph + there is an intermittent vibration in the rear. The weird thing is that the vibration starts soft then intensifies then goes soft again in a 3 to 4 second span. When I slow down to below 60 it goes away. The tires have been balanced 4 times by different shops. New drums and brake internals. It has always done this. The car has 204000 and runs like a top. I put new front lower control arms,ball joints, inner and outer tie rod ends. I'm at a loss and going to pull my hair out. Also the rear struts are in good shape. Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-30-2017
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Vibration in rear

have you checked your rear bushings? a lot of times when they are worn out, they can do weird things.

also, are you using aftermarket rims? generally aftermarket sometimes needs help centering itself with hub centric spacers. also if you are using aftermarket rims, make sure you are using acorn lug nuts and not the factory honda ones (ball type).
Old 01-30-2017
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

my first thought was to check your wheel balance. did you get it balanced 4 times at the same shop? try a different shop and ask them to see how out of spec your wheel is or may be.

i would also check to see any abnormal wear on your tires. what pressure are you running them at and what size are they?

finally, they could be you rear bearings. it may be just worn out enough were it'll give the shakes at higher speeds. if it is the bearings, it will only get worst. bearings are cheap and easy to replace (you basically replace the whole hub/bearing assembly).
Old 01-31-2017
Registered!!

I had the tires balanced it for different shops I have not replace the wheel bearing's yet but the bushings I'm checking this weekend thank you for the information I plan on replacing the bearings this weekend thank you very much for your response
Old 01-31-2017
GOT SAND?

Dooner is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently took mine in for a tire rotation/balance/pressure check, because I was getting a vibration in the front. The tech tells me both my front rims were slightly bent. He moved them to the rear. Now I have a slight vibration from the rear of the vehicle, but it doesn't bother me because at least I don't feel it through the steering wheel. I would have your rims checked for a similar situation.
Old 01-31-2017
Registered!!

I have the rims checked and they were fine I rotated the back tires to the front and the vibration is still coming from the rear