7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Is any one running a megasquirt 3 ecu

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1HGEM2CIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
Is any one running a megasquirt 3 ecu

I've looked around and I haven't seen any one running a megasquirt 3 on a d17. Has anyone here done it yet?
Old 01-04-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,441 Likes on 1,197 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Is any one running a megasquirt 3 ecu

Stock ecu does not allow it to work
Old 01-04-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
Stock ecu does not allow it to work
I have mine running parallel with the stock ecu so the stock ecu can control the speedometer and tach. And the megasquirt controls the spark fuel vtec and iac, the only thing is that I had to add a coolant and temp sensor because the megasquirt probably can't share the temp sensors . Although I wish I bought a kpro
​​​​​​​
Old 01-04-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Interesting.

So, in parallel, but it negates stock ecu in the main functions?

piggy backs are known to not work because ecu is not flash, so it keeps fighting the piggy.

Last I looked several years ago, they did not have anything for D17 either, so never bothered much - my crower stage 1 really does not demand different map.
Old 01-05-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
Interesting.

So, in parallel, but it negates stock ecu in the main functions?

piggy backs are known to not work because ecu is not flash, so it keeps fighting the piggy.

Last I looked several years ago, they did not have anything for D17 either, so never bothered much - my crower stage 1 really does not demand different map.
The stock ecu doesn't give me any problems other than check engine lights it's only purpose now is to control the gauges alternator fans and cruise control. The megasquirt is a standalone ecu so it can do everything else, it even tunes the fuel maps on its own. I see why it's uncommon though it was a real pain in the *** I think it can do more than a kpro though
Old 01-06-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Ouch, I just realized you talking about a standalone... Sorry, my bad...