7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Strut replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Johnhumphries is an unknown quantity at this point
Strut replacement

It's my first time working on my car and I'm working on my front struts. Any tips?
Old 12-28-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Strut replacement

If you're using a tie rod separator, have fun separating the tie rod from the strut without damaging the boot. It's a doozie. A mallet, piece of 2x4, and a metric crap ton of patience has worked for me in the past.

Other than that, it's not hard. It was the very first thing I did (outside of changing oil/brake pads) on my car, and I was a mechanically inexperienced 18 year old with his first new car.

edit: get an alignment after you're done.
Old 12-29-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about
Re: Strut replacement

Are they really leaking and need replaced? In my opinion, struts are not a place to learn without experience standing behind you.