Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

2001 civic auto trans problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michael Siletti is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 civic auto trans problem

Car in 1-2 gear only mode. No cruise control. Swapped radiators. Hooked up all lines and connectors. Next day trans shifted this way suddenly. 2001 civic Ex 1.7 L 4 SPD overdrive. Trans fluid replaced 2 months ago with OEM Honda fluid. No back flush here. Drain and fill 12 quarts. 4 changes 3 at a time. Any one know the input voltage to the ISS OSS and VSS sensors. Also how to check Sensors themselves for Resistance. Looked online for electrical diagrams.
Problem started day after Connectors and lines pulled of and reconnected.
Old 12-26-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2001 civic auto trans problem

Possibly swap the line positions over?
Old 12-26-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Got a check engine light on? Flashing "D" light? Got fault codes?

I'd kinda suspect the trans cooler in the new radiator wasn't perfectly clean and a chunk of solid material made its way into the trans.

Or...was a used radiator installed? Same deal.
Old 12-28-2016
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mililani is just really nicemililani is just really nicemililani is just really nicemililani is just really nice

Interesting. I am just about to replace my radiator too. I've read online people were starting to notice their AT transmissions were slipping/flaring after changing to some aftermarket radiator. Are you using aftermarket or OEM?