7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What should be first priority to replace/fix?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tash is an unknown quantity at this point
What should be first priority to replace/fix?

I am no expert, but have enough knowledge in order to be able to work on my 2002 Honda Civic Lx.
I recently hit a fence going 5mph(just to give an idea as to how minor the damage is) and damaged my front passenger end. Also, I have been hearing a noise on my front driver side end that im convinced I know where it's coming from(not my cv joints).
My front passenger control arm is bent which also effected my brake line, but did not bend or break it. My tie rod end on the same side has also been effected. My sway bar is warped significantly and based off of the sound I hear while driving I'm convinced I need to replace the sway bar end links on both sides(even though they were replaced last year) because no other noise I've heard while doing research matches the sound.
I checked for more damage, but that's all im concerned with.
Another thing, I do need to replace my top motor mount based off of its poor condition.

So, my question is what should I focus on first, second, and so forth. Or do I need to focus on multiple components at the same time?
Old 11-13-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: What should be first priority to replace/fix?

I removed my front antiroll bar (AKA swaybar).
Just remove the endlinks and see if part of noise goes away. Support bar with zip-ties or something similar when you test?

tie rods first (align after changing or the tires could be goners in a flash)
then the engine mount (could be at same time as the rod)

dont bother too much with the bar.
Old 11-13-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What should be first priority to replace/fix?

Tie rod and lower control arm first.
Then see if it will come into correct alignment.

Sway bar at least needs to be secure enough that it can't cause damage for now, or you can remove it and the links as it is not a critical part of the suspension and alignment.