7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

help my 2003 honda civic ex is still overheating

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sethconquest is an unknown quantity at this point
help my 2003 honda civic ex is still overheating

I own a 2003 honda civic ex coupe 5speed manual and 2 days ago I replaced the radiator and thermostat. it was fine for two days and today it's overheating again. I turned my car on and my a/c to see if my fans spin and they don't and right under my thermostat is wet, what should I do any suggestions?
Old 11-06-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: help my 2003 honda civic ex is still overheating

First figure out why the fans don't run.
Does the AC actually work, compressor kicks on?
Can you make the fans run by jumping the fan temp switch connector terminals?
Did you not reconnect the fans during your work?

If you now have a leak at the thermostat housing only since you replaced the thermostat, it's probably something you did. Inspect carefully.. Double check your work. Wrong gasket? Mis-installed gasket?

What was the original cause of overheating? (Blown head gasket?)
Overheating can cause engine damage.
Old 11-06-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sethconquest is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the reply, everything was conects back together and from what I can tell my compresser does kick on. how would I go about trying to jump the fan tempt switch and the original reason for overheating was due to thermostat failed and radiator blown
Old 11-06-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

If the compressor clutch actually kicked on, the radiator fans should have turned on at the same time.

The temperature switch that operates the fans when coolant temperature is high is the one in the thermostat housing.

There are of course fuses and relays too.