7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

04 honda civic headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travisf1590 is an unknown quantity at this point
04 honda civic headers

i have an 04 Honda civic 4 door with the d17a1 the manifold on it is the one with the cat as soon as it comes out and its getting plugged up according to my friend that runs a exhaust shop i want to replace with with a header instead of the stock manifold what options would i have would this one work ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Civic-DX-LX-GX-01-05-1-7L-SOHC-D17-Stainless-Race-Manifold-Header-/262686856307?fits=Year%3A2004%7CMake%3AHonda%7CModel%3ACivic
not that im going to buy it off ebay i never have any luck with there crap but im just using ti as an example
Old 10-26-2016
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 04 honda civic headers

you wont pass emissions test with that, depending on where you live
Old 10-26-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

convert to an ex exhaust setup and you'll have more emissions friendly options. Unless you live in cali, where nothing aftermarket is really friendly.

requires the purchase of an ex header, downpipe (with cat), catback exhaust, and either a) o2 sensor extension harnesses or b) DIY extend o2 sensor wires.

the ex has the cat located under the car, basically directly below the shifter assembly
Old 10-26-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the rough

You will need to convert to the ex exhaust and get extensions for the 02 sensor(s) because the sensor locations change. The EX header bolts up to it.

You can also get a cat that goes under the car if you will be running legal/smog compliant (depending where you live) lol or get a delete pipe and also run 02 sensor simulators so you wont get the engine light.
Old 10-26-2016
Registered!!

where i live i have no emissions so it doesn't matter as long as i have some type of exhaust on it will pass i have an ex exhaust manifold in the garage it was in the trunk when i got it what else would i need if i would use that
Old 10-26-2016
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

downpipe and catback.. well, at the very least, downpipe and b-pipe. the -a1 axleback should fit with the -a2 b-pipe
Old 10-26-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
downpipe and catback.. well, at the very least, downpipe and b-pipe. the -a1 axleback should fit with the -a2 b-pipe
okay and say i would go with the header or similar to the one i show would i have to get a different down pipe also i see they sale ones that its the header and down pipe in all one unit
Old 10-26-2016
Administrator
Administrator

The one you linked is for a D17A1. If you wanna convert to a D17A2 (ex) exhaust setup, the only thing you'd be able to reuse would be the axle back portion. I drew this up real quick to illustrate the differences between the D17A1 (dx/lx) and D17A2 (ex) exhuasts.

Name:  4PcOY49.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  235.9 KB

edit: if you'll notice, the dx/lx exhaust manifold/cat extends further down than the ex's exhaust manifold. The ex exhaust manifold connects to a separate pipe with a cat, where as the pipe downstream of the dx/lx cat is one single piece up to the axle back. Also note the O2 sensor positions. The ex has them positioned much further back than the dx/lx, and they would have to be oriented the same (i.e. the O2 sensor upstream of the cat, if you were to do the conversion, needs to sense upstream of the cat, same goes for the sensor downstream of the cat.)
Old 10-26-2016
Registered!!

okay thank you for some reason i thought i had 2 cats but one at the manifold one on the b pipe the resonator the muffler but ill put it on the lift and double check thanks again
Old 10-27-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
The one you linked is for a D17A1. If you wanna convert to a D17A2 (ex) exhaust setup, the only thing you'd be able to reuse would be the axle back portion. I drew this up real quick to illustrate the differences between the D17A1 (dx/lx) and D17A2 (ex) exhuasts.

edit: if you'll notice, the dx/lx exhaust manifold/cat extends further down than the ex's exhaust manifold. The ex exhaust manifold connects to a separate pipe with a cat, where as the pipe downstream of the dx/lx cat is one single piece up to the axle back. Also note the O2 sensor positions. The ex has them positioned much further back than the dx/lx, and they would have to be oriented the same (i.e. the O2 sensor upstream of the cat, if you were to do the conversion, needs to sense upstream of the cat, same goes for the sensor downstream of the cat.)

i have a d17a2 but the motor in the car was a d17a1 to begin with so might find a header to just fit what i have dont want to have to move everything around i just want a little better flow little better sounds when keeping it still semi quite not looking for a loud car got the jeep with the V8 for that