7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Can you remove just the lower portion of the timing belt cover for crankposition sen

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacob Watts is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you remove just the lower portion of the timing belt cover for crankposition sen

Hi,
Fiance's car is having intermittent crank sensor issues. Looks like the mechanic didn't move the connector out of the way and let coolant flow all over it when we had the timing belt and water pump done almost a year ago. I got a new pigtail and knock sensor(figuring it corroded the contacts on the knock sensor itself also) and want to put them on.

Would be really nice if the valve cover and such didn't have to come off for just that one little part covered by just the lower half of the timing belt cover.
Old 07-19-2016
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Can you remove just the lower portion of the timing belt cover for crankposition

Originally Posted by Jacob Watts
Would be really nice if the valve cover and such didn't have to come off for just that one little part covered by just the lower half of the timing belt cover.
you dont really have to remove the valve cover if you dont want to, you can just loosen the bolts and raise it up high enough to remove the top timing cover,

i dont think you can remove the lower cover without removing the top cover, the top cover overlaps the bottom one
Old 07-19-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacob Watts is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Can you remove just the lower portion of the timing belt cover for crankposition

Thank you Mikey1.

I went out and figured I would try to remove the crankshaft pulley. I had the proper tool and such, two big breaker bars, and used a jack stand to steady the breaker bar I was pulling on. Couldn't budge it so she took it to a garage yesterday to have them do the work.
Old 07-19-2016
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jacob Watts
Thank you Mikey1.

I went out and figured I would try to remove the crankshaft pulley. I had the proper tool and such, two big breaker bars, and used a jack stand to steady the breaker bar I was pulling on. Couldn't budge it so she took it to a garage yesterday to have them do the work.
i wouldn't even try it with a standard length breaker bar,

i use a 6 foot steel bar slipped over the breaker bar, even with that sometimes its still tough
Old 07-19-2016
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

Oh well. At least you showed some chivalry towards your fiancé in attempting to crack that crankshaft bolt.