7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Exhaust manifold: To Ebay/Amazon, or not Ebay/Amazon, that is the question

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red_Chaos1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Exhaust manifold: To Ebay/Amazon, or not Ebay/Amazon, that is the question

Long story short, I want to get the manifold replaced on my 01 LX Coupe. It passed inspection 2 years ago with the crack from the upper O2 sensor to the top, but the crack has gotten a little bigger since then and I'd rather just get it taken care of. Honda parts stores are expensive. Even the 30% off place it would cost me between $600 and $700 to buy all the parts. Amazon I can get a full kit (less sensors) for under $300, if I go to Ebay they're under $200.

Am I really going to have to worry if I get a kit like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exhaust-Mani...-/281791233359 ? Do I need to replace the O2 sensors as well, as suggested further down that page?
Old 07-08-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the rough
Re: Exhaust manifold: To Ebay/Amazon, or not Ebay/Amazon, that is the question

Be weary of the 90 day warranty. Might last you years or as soon as the 90 days are up lol.

Some companies have a 1 or 2 year warranty on their converters and are the cheaper kind. I replaced mine on a 6th gen civic I had because the converter was gutted out/hollow from previous owner. It worked fine and it came with a 2 year warranty from the shop who installed it, I believe it was a CATCO.

Go with one that at least is a good company and has a better warranty than 90 days.

For your application I dont think the sensors would need to be replaced seeing as the failure was a crack and not contamination from running rich or burning oil, as long as they are working now it should be fine.
Old 07-09-2016
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
scooty is on a distinguished road
Re: Exhaust manifold: To Ebay/Amazon, or not Ebay/Amazon, that is the question

Just have it welded up. No need to replace it. Take it to muffler shop and show them the crack. I've had mine welded.