7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Advice needed regarding JDM Ep3

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016
o_o
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
o_o is an unknown quantity at this point
Advice needed regarding JDM Ep3

Hello all,

I bought my Type R in August 2014 in the UK and had to sell it 4 months later when I moved to Canada. I really hate that they did not sell them over here.

I have seen a few EP3 Sir running around but they look really goofy with the bumpers and on paper the performance don't look too great either

Recently landed in Vancouver and noticed how many JDM cars are running around... which brings me to my question.

Is it worth importing a 2001 or 2002 (next year 2017) JDM EP3 Type r.

Ive been looking at costs and Im going to say it will be about 12-13k CAD for the car and the whole import process.

The only reason I want this specific car is because I have driven my Ep3 type R and had so much fun driving it, but there are very little options for Hot hatches in Canada.

I've also been looking at Integra's but they seem to be rough and rusty and there seems to be not that much to choose from in terms of EG's and EK's.

Is it going to be worth it to pay that much for a JDM Ep3?

http://imgbox.com/il20V4pG

Last edited by ezone; 03-22-2016 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Inserted pic
Old 03-22-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Advice needed regarding JDM Ep3

I got nothing helpful for you.....but I can make the pic work for you
Old 03-22-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by o_o

Is it going to be worth it to pay that much for a JDM Ep3?
Only you can answer that question.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
Old 03-23-2016
o_o
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
o_o is an unknown quantity at this point

Ill gladly pay that much for a Mint JDM ep3, even the cool factor of having one of the first real JDM EP3's

Im even considering a DC5 Type R too I just can't make my mind up wether I should pay a premium price for the real deal or spend the extra money modding an RSX or an SIR to make it like the Type R model

What are RSX Type S like to drive?
Old 03-23-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

send a PM to member MAC25 - he is in Vancouver and might be able to point you to a good place to get some cool cars.