7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Can anyone identify the headlights on this civic?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05EX is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Can anyone identify the headlights on this civic?

Name:  T1jOwex.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  135.6 KBhttps://i.imgur.com/T1jOwex.jpg
Old 03-22-2016
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Can anyone identify the headlights on this civic?

There are a lot like that. Why do you want to know?
Old 03-22-2016
Registered!!

05EX is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking to put either those or similar ones onto my civic
Old 03-22-2016
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Many of the web purchased projector housings are known to have inferior/bad light output. A dead giveaway to run from any listings of these style of headlamp is if the ad states that it can use both a halogen and a HID bulb. If you do go with this style of headlamp for the appearance factor you may still need to replace the actual projector inside the housing with a well made projector if you want a good amount of light output.

Another issue I have read about with housings such as you have pictured is that they frequently do not have proper UV protection. This means that in 2 years they might be completely hazed and faded in some enviroments. Another option if you are handy with tools is to install your own HID projectors into your OEM housings. This gives you lights optics of known quality and if properly done you can have better forward lighting than 99% of the cars on the road.

Of course I should put out this disclaimer. Retrofitting projectors is technically illegal. So is installing housings bought off of the internet. Many companies will claim DOT approval of their products without actually going through the certification process. Personally I would go with a retrofit. It is the only way to have superb output with proper focusing and control of the light. Properly done projectors will light up the road while causing little to no glare to oncoming traffic. Here is a link to what is properly the best site about retrofitting on the web.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/
Old 03-29-2016
Registered!!

Pier7866 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 05EX
It look to me like these are original head lights or may be after market that were retrofit with the projector and smoked out. To retrofit there are certain companies that do that but its expensive online or ebay for say there is a lot of variety of projector headlamps with different pricings you just have to find out if they do have a quality projectors in them. Otherwise you can order retrofit. Hope this help.
Old 03-29-2016
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Pier7866;4705026To retrofit there are certain companies that do that but its expensive online or ebay for say there is a lot of variety of projector headlamps with different pricings you just have to find out if they do have a quality projectors in them. Otherwise you can order retrofit. Hope this help.[/QUOTE]

When I retrofitted mine ('03, so single-beam headlights ) I went to theretrofitsource.com . They have some awesome stuff there, and the install was relatively simple. I got mine on Thanksgiving so it was 25% off.
Old 07-06-2016
Registered!!

johnlam1688 is an unknown quantity at this point

They only sell the projector inside. Not the headlight. This look like some one bake the head light apart and install the whole projector unit.
Old 07-06-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely looks like someone retro'd some oem headlights and painted them. ebay prolly has a bunch that look similar if you just want the look