7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

2001 Honda Civic LX Cluster gauge illumination and climate control lights malfunction

Old 03-02-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DapperDan is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 2001 Honda Civic LX Cluster gauge illumination and climate control lights malfunction

So as I decided to replace the lights in my cluster gauge panel with LED lights, my main gauges will not light up but all other instruments light up (PLEASE REMEMBER THE ONLY PROBLEM IS ILLUMINATION). Also when I turn my headlights on my CC (climate control) and radio illumination flicker, but operate normally when the headlights are off. There is also a distinctive sound change from my motor when I turn my lights on/off.

I've planned on wiring LED lights in the interior because when I open my doors the interior lights do not turn on. Now I've been told to check grounds, and check my power output from my alternator as well. I know this can not be a fuse problem, because if a fuse were out then one whole section would not illuminate, correct?

If you know any possible ways I can fix this bothersome problem then lemme know!
Old 03-02-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2001 Honda Civic LX Cluster gauge illumination and climate control lights malfunc

LEDs are polarity sensitive. They only work when installed one way, not the other. You might need to start over, remove all then try one at a time and check each before installing the next one.

because when I open my doors the interior lights do not turn on.
Does the beeper work? Jamb switches all good?
Might need the MICU?
Old 03-02-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DapperDan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2001 Honda Civic LX Cluster gauge illumination and climate control lights malfunc

Well my other instruments like turn signals and the light for my brights have the LED lights installed for them and they work just fine. I've tried reversing the lights and they still had the same effect. Beeper works but im doubting the jambs. I've replaced the regular bulbs for the main gauges and they still dont light up