7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Interior Emptied....

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of light
Interior Emptied....

Hey all,

So over the holidays my poor '05 got broken into and ripped apart on the inside (attachments....). Looks like the thieves were nice enough to not cut my connector cables and they weren't too rough on the interior so it is fixable.

I can do the repairs myself since I've have had these parts out in the past for my own repairs/installations anyway.

I'm waiting to hear whether the insurance company will deem the vehicle a total loss or opt to fix it. An '05 with about 250,000 km on it seems to go for about $2500 to $3000 in my area and something tells me those new parts would be just about that much.

Anyone ever had a similar situation? Were you able to buy the car back from the insurance company and do the repairs yourself?

Is it overly difficult to do the window replacement yourself? Seems pretty easy....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	88413   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	996.8 KB
ID:	88414  

Last edited by Reverb2005; 01-11-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-11-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Interior Emptied....

WTF they stole the gauges and vents?
Oh wait, vent is on the floor. WTF they yanked THAT out for?
That sux man. I've had it happen before too only my truck suffered a little body and paint damage as they pried the door key lock up, along with a 500w amp stolen.
2nd time was just a window broke-- like yours it was tinted and stood there like a zillion pieces all in place, the alarm musta scared them away that time.

Maybe they needed your HVAC control panel, not the radio LOL

Window is easy, looks like you had tint on it otherwise it would not all be up in place like it is now.
Getting broken glass out of the tracks and door is not so easy. It sticks in the run channels, you may want to pull that out and open it up to thoroughly clean it.
Shop vac and duct tape, and various tubes of plastic, rubber, and cardboard may help get into the depths of the door to get glass out.

Ask your insurance agent or company. I'd expect you can get it even if totaled.
Old 01-12-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of light

Yea, that is the same reaction I get from everyone else too about the gauge cluster, lol. I guess they really needed those parts? I can't imagine where they could sell them or even how much you could get? I'm glad I had the tint on there... would have been a real pain getting all those pieces out of everywhere if I get it back.

They took the vent out and pulled off the beam cover (drivers side) because I had a little microphone up there and the cord went in behind that vent, up the beam. I had an after-market Kenwood, but it was only like $200, nothing high end at all!

They even emptied the trunk, including the spare tire, the mesh cover and the big piece of particle board that covers the spare! LOL, like, really? That is a big piece of wood to carry around! I guess they were really desperate? On top of that, they took the owners manual and the ownership too! AND my freaking parking pass that I hang on the rear-view mirror! I just don't get it,..... OH AND my cheap $5, Wal-Mart plate cover... They even put the plate back on the card after taking the cover off....

They also had the hood popped, but nothing was missing. Suckers, probably looking for after-market stuff under the hood, too bad it's all stock!

One thing that really puzzles me is the alarm must have gone off, right? If the car is locked with the FOB from the outside and you pull the lock open from the inside, the alarm is supposed to sound? The battery was still connected but the positive terminal cover was flipped up. What, did they reconnect the batter for me? How nice!?

I'm just waiting to hear if they want to deem it a total loss,... we'll see...
Old 01-12-2016
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

crackerjacks....... they are rampant.
Old 01-12-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

and the ownership too!
You mean like the title to the car was in the glovebox?

They even emptied
Cleaned the entire car out....sounds like kids (taking everything that isn't welded in place) and they weren't scared of being near the car for a long time (isolated and dark? no neighbors?)

Was the dome light busted out or removed?

Ain't it cold as hell up there? Outdoor crime goes down here when it gets cold.

One thing that really puzzles me is the alarm must have gone off, right? If the car is locked with the FOB from the outside and you pull the lock open from the inside, the alarm is supposed to sound?
Only if it's equipped with the accessory security package AFAIK---- Otherwise, I think it's just keyless entry.
Roll your window down and try it yourself and see if it starts honking.