7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help me build the best Honda Civic guide!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tommyf is an unknown quantity at this point
Help me build the best Honda Civic guide!

Hi everybody! My name is Tom, I’ve been lurking the forums for some time and this is my first post. I wanted to share with you something I’ve been building that I think any Civic owner should like, and I’d love to get your input and your help

Did you know that in the past years over 3 million Honda Civic have been sold in the US? That’s a LOT of cars, and lot of fellow car owners. When you think about it, it’s kind of weird that we don’t have one centralized website or place with all the answers to the most common questions and problems we face as we use and get to know this beautiful car. This forum is great for a lot of things: I’ve found great stuff that I can’t imagine reading anywhere else, however, I feel that we owners should also have one place to share more specific information about our cars, their problems and the solutions we’ve found, and use it to help others. I’m trying to build that, and this is what I have so far:

http://www.startmycar.com/honda/civic

Right now it’s mainly focused on problems and solutions, but I’m working on a guide with all the basic questions a new owner might have, such as how often should you change transmission fluid.

I hope you can take a look at it, try it, give me your feedback and help me improve it! Feel free to share it here or send me a PM; any kind of input will be greatly appreciated!

Tom
Old 11-16-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Help me build the best Honda Civic guide!

So how is this different then this forum? Other then it covers all Honda's, like Honda-Tech.
Old 11-16-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

that site does not separate the civics by generations... There's clear distinctions among all 10 generations...
Old 11-16-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

OP is just trying to generate traffic, good thing I'm not a mod, or BAN-HAMMER! lol

Good luck with your site OP but this site is like family, I aint go'in no where.
Old 11-16-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry OP, gonna have to jump on the bandwagon with these guys. Your site seems like a "Yahoo Answers" for car problems. It lacks what we have on this forum, which is a sense of community. Many of us have built our reputations on this forum, which ensures the new users that they're getting right answers and proper direction, as opposed to Joe Schmo saying "this is the answer." Also, like sdaidoji said, there's no separation of generations of civics, which made navigation, well, suck, to say the least.

I do wish you the best of luck with your site.
Old 11-17-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tommyf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

The big difference with this forum or any other kind of forum is that we are just trying to organize a very specific subset of information with a very clear goal in mind. We are not looking to replace this kind of communities in any way, we know it's like a family

Regarding generations, it's a very good point. Do you think some civic generations still share some mechanical recurrent problems?

xRiCeBoYx, it's true what you say about reputation. It is definitely important, I'm thinking a couple of ways we could try to achieve that.

Thank you!!
Old 11-17-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

I don't see the point of that site, a owners manual and youtube are probably better resources.

Like aforementioned there is no community either. It seems to lack what other sources have, it adds nothing new or different or better.