7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What's your favorite thing(s) about your 7th Gen Civic? Favorite mod?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nice
What's your favorite thing(s) about your 7th Gen Civic? Favorite mod?

I have an 01 LX 5sp, no mods. 175k miles.
My favorite things:

1. The visceral feel of my Civic's sterring, braking, shifting.

2. Fuel mileage.

3. Reliable & I can usually work on it myself thanks to this forum!
Old 10-19-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: What's your favorite thing(s) about your 7th Gen Civic? Favorite mod?

If you enjoy shifting I would recommend aluminum shifter assembly base bushings and aluminum shift linkage bushings. They're super cheap off ebay and really add a nice solid shifter feeling.
Old 10-19-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I just recently drove my Civic again and I do love the seats. Much more comfortable then the Fit's (which I plan to address).

Favorite mod is a tie between Revo Short Shifter and Coilovers. I forgot how great it shifts with the Revo, makes the Fit feel like a Mack truck. Coilovers for their handling benefit and making the car look better.
Old 10-19-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

my favorite things are exactly what the car is built for......reliability and good fuel mielage
Old 10-19-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I like the fact that it's mine. I've done most of the work myself, did all the research to choose my parts, learned how to perform my own maintenance (including taking the engine apart entirely). My racing seats are much more comfortable than the stock seats, crower stage 1 cam gives it a bit of pep to its step, yet I still get 36 highway mpgs. I get a lot of good compliments from people that "hate" rice rockets. They say my car's the exception to their hatred.
Old 10-19-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Stock:

Like the seats - drove TN - QC, then a year 1/2 later, back QC -> TN and my back was not dead like some cars. 20 hours drive in two days, 1200 miles each way.

reliability.... when time comes, it will happen one after the other, so just be prepared. Good that things are not expensive like in some other cars.

Mods:
- Beefier rear sway bar (cheap, easy and the most gains in suspension you could ever have) Mine is the progress. Easier than that was the front Swaybar endlink that broke, with even more improvements - I am not gonna hook it back, much better now - note that if you do this, and like me put camber bolts on the front and camber kit on the rear, well, car could spin depending on the conditions... not plow through, spin - mine gets oversteer under certain conditions)

- Eiback Pro/KYB AGX suspension - not too stiff, not too low, not too soft - perfect for me (might be not too comfortable to some?)

- Crower stage 1 camshaft (EX only, fellas! ) - did not find any downsides to it. more low end grunt, more power in high end, better MPG.

- Easy one - get a skunk2 or something similar shift **** with some weight in it - helps shifting. The ones that have actual metallic threads, the ones that are bushings and three small bolts to hold the bushing will come loose in a matter of months...
Old 10-20-2015
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Sandro, dx/lx can use the Crower cam if they do a head swap. lol
Old 10-20-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

true
Old 10-21-2015
Registered!!

Pier7866 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a unique 2001 Honda civic 4DR I love everything about the car but I have added so much to it but my favorite feature in my car is its completely black leather interior with genuine heated front seats and navigation system.
Old 10-21-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i like when i pull up next to a granny and we exchange a head nod because we drive the same car. also if your into gilfs its a gilf magnet.
Old 10-21-2015
Registered!!

bsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nice

Originally Posted by lowlife9
i like when i pull up next to a granny and we exchange a head nod because we drive the same car. also if your into gilfs its a gilf magnet.
Hilarious! or not. WAIT, I've decided to sell my Civic.

When I'm a grandpa I'll be into GILFs. No hurry tho...

Last edited by bsmiley; 10-21-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-21-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

bwaaaahahahaha, lowlife! stop it! LOL!
Old 10-21-2015
Administrator
Administrator

[sdaidoji has been banned for 1 week for being a "no-fun" guy]

I wouldn't really.
Old 10-21-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

im actually into gilfs so its a win win situation especially if you like oatmeal raisin cookies and the smell of bengay which i do.
Old 10-21-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
[sdaidoji has been banned for 1 week for being a "no-fun" guy]

I wouldn't really.
LOL Josh, dammit!
Old 11-23-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mac25
If you enjoy shifting I would recommend aluminum shifter assembly base bushings and aluminum shift linkage bushings. They're super cheap off ebay and really add a nice solid shifter feeling.
I ordered the Corsport Alum shift cable bushings today. Weather permitting I'll have them installed very shortly after they arrive in a few days.