7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What do you guys think ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
What do you guys think ???

i just had my driver and passenger airbags replaced under the recall last week and yesterday my airbag light came on for the first time ever. should i just reset the light myself or bring it back to the dealrship that did the job?
Old 09-27-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: What do you guys think ???

I would reset it myself but that's just because my local dealer is difficult for me to get to and it is less inconvenient to do it myself.

If it comes back then I would.
Old 09-27-2015
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

I'd call the dealership that did it and tell them just what you stated here. If they give you some sort of nonsense BS answer then try another dealership or higher up the food chain. Then if there was something else damaged when the work was done there will at least be a record of your compliant.

Then I'd probably just reset it myself and see if it came back on
Old 09-28-2015
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

I would call the dealership and have them fix/reset it. SRS lights just don't come on, just saying. They performed the work, something is amiss. It's a safety issue, they should see you immediately or within a timely manner. Doesn't take much time to plug in and determine the issue and/or reset.
Old 09-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

your airbag light came on for the first time ever after 10+ years, and you just had the airbags serviced?.....this can not be a coincidence, i would take it back ASAP
Old 09-28-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Mine came on a few years ago randomly. I reset it and haven't seen it since.
Old 09-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Take it back and get your non-payment back!
Old 09-28-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to try erasing it yourself, you ought to read the code first just to see what it is before erasing.

If it is related to the recall work it would almost have to be due to a disconnected wire (open circuit codes), and they would return immediately after erasing: Turn the key on, let the system run its self test for 7 seconds and the light stays on after that.

If it's a typical buckle code, the light may stay out for a while before returning.

---------------------------------------------------

I'm sure your dealership has been dealing with people claiming their SRS light just came on....ever since these inflator recall were issued.

What we do at our dealer (I'd hope most dealers would do the same) is offer to double check our work related to the recalls (which is just reading the SRS code to make certain it really is unrelated to the recall work) and if the problem was caused by the recall work, we take care of it.

If it turns out to be unrelated to recall work, we do not give the customer the code information......IF a customer wants the code information, they (usually) need to pay the usual diagnosis fees.

HTH
Old 09-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nice

I had an SRS light a year ago. It was for the driver's buckle. It was replaced under warranty. NO charge.
I had my inflator replaced under the recall a month ago, no charge, no issues...
Old 09-28-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

go for the dealer.

If you try to do it yourself, hide it well. (as if that's possible ) - said the catman (you know what the cats are quite good at burying, right?
Old 10-06-2015
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

so i took it back to the dealrship and it turns out its for a faulty seat belt sensor they reset it and won't replace it unless the light comes back on.
Old 10-06-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ Would that be one of the "life of the car" warranty items ??
Old 10-06-2015
Registered!!

well i guess since i wouldn't be charged for a replacement.