7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

New to forum! NEED HELP !

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KAMIKAZEEx is an unknown quantity at this point
New to forum! NEED HELP !

Hows it going i swapped a stock d17 engine on my 2005 honda civic ex coupe. due to he old engine having head gasket blown (previous owner). I attached an image. I have the new engine back on the car everything is hooked up exept for 2 parts. i circled them in red i cant figure out where they go mounted. If you can help me out i will really appreciate it thanks. and also part #3 on picture thanks !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	14s5a401_e06.png
Views:	163
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	88024  
Old 08-26-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New to forum! NEED HELP !

Not gonna lie. I've pulled my engine and I have no idea what those brackets are for off the top of my head.

Looking at parts lists, I can't even tell you which engine #5 applies to. It's not an applicable choice in any trim level: ex, dx, lx, hx, gx..

edit: Nevermind. Found it. It's only applicable on the ex model with side SRS. Can't tell you what the hell it's for though. Just that it's labeled as "stiffener, RR. engine," which is the same description for #4 on the drawing. #3 on the drawing is "stiffener, FR. engine"
Old 08-26-2015
Registered!!

Thanks man i cant find anything online besides stiffener also. but it doesnt even show where to install it and i dont even remember taking it off.
Old 08-26-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I think I found it, and now remember them if it's, in fact, for this application. Check the underside of the engine, attaches to the bottom of the oil pan and the transmission housing.

Googled the crap out of it because it was bugging me, and found this pic (granted, it's off of a D16Y8, but same concept)
Name:  IMG_4251.jpg
Views: 2784
Size:  75.1 KB

They'd be #3 and #4, front and back in the pic, respectively.
Old 08-27-2015
Registered!!

Thanks a lot bro I really appreciate your help. I couldn't find anything and you saved me literally. Thanks again
Old 08-30-2015
Registered!!

OneJzSupra is an unknown quantity at this point

Why didn't you just fix the head gasket?
Old 08-30-2015
Registered!!

The motor had 170k I bought one with 50k for a good price