7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Spec-D Headlights in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of light
Spec-D Headlights in Canada

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone out there has ever bought Spec-D headlights for their Civic in Canada? I am fully aware of most (all?) the sites that sell them and SHIP TO CANADA, that's fine, but I am really bummed out by the duty/shipping costs .

I've tried to find local places that may sell the brand but have had no luck yet. Anyone have any experience/expertiese here?

I'm looking for these headlights:

http://www.carid.com/2005-honda-civi...-17797147.html

All my highway driving has caused the factory headlights to become foggy/cloudy (and yes, I know I can buff them up) and I'm looking to spiffy the ol' 05 up and see a bit better at night with the projectors.

Thanks.
Old 12-24-2014
Registered!!

Redneck_cdn will become famous soon enough
Re: Spec-D Headlights in Canada

How close are you to the border?
You can have parts drop shipped to UPS or other shippers on the US side for pick-up for a small fee ($5-$10) and pay the duty when crossing back over. The price of gas and bridge tolls was still cheaper than paying for being raped by customs brokerage fees. Duties are minimal on automotive parts.
Old 12-26-2014
Registered!!

greenbackz is an unknown quantity at this point

are the built in projectors suitable for HID bulbs or are they just designed for regular halogen?
Old 12-26-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

most cheap after market projectors aren't compatible some will even burn the lenses. you should really consider morimoto mini projectors.
Old 12-29-2014
Registered!!

Reverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the suggestion Redneck_cdn, I may go that route if I am ever going to be near the border. Still looking for alternatives...

The headlights are just plug and play, no extra wiring required (though I would think the LEDs would require a bit of wiring?) and are only designed for regular halogens, no HID. Read a bunch of reviews and most, if not all, seem pretty happy with them.
Old 12-30-2014
Former Sponsor

carid is a jewel in the roughcarid is a jewel in the roughcarid is a jewel in the rough

Reverb2005, great choice! This headlights will definitely provide you with stronger and more concentrated light output, especially at night. Feel free to ask any questions about them or ay other product you're interested in.
Old 12-31-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
most cheap after market projectors aren't compatible some will even burn the lenses. you should really consider morimoto mini projectors.
yup, just saw a thread on here how to install the H1 minis looks fairly easy hardest part is probably aiming and wiring. didn't know they were that cheap!
Old 12-31-2014
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

actually i think the hardest part is separating the lens cover from the headlight. the minis just bolt rite in as long as there level you adjust them like you would normally. wiring is as simple as a pnp.
Old 01-03-2015
Registered!!

lilrob1213 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not in Canada, but I got some spec-d halo projector headlights for my 03 civic coupe ex. Very nice! I like them alot! I do have a couple of hotspots that I can tell, but they don't bother me that much. I wanted to ask if whoever suggested putting mini h1's in their headlights were talking about putting them in these aftermarket headlights or in the stock headlights? Also, is that the hid bulb or the projector?

And yes, there is some wiring involved in getting the halos working and the LED corner light (which I'm not sure if I like the look of or not??) But it's simple, just wire to the existing parking lights to turn off and on when you want and the headlights I bought came with this adapter thing, you simply put the wire from the headlight into one slot and the wire from the harness into the other slot and crimp down on both, all done! simple!

Oh, the hard part is aiming them. They have two screws on the back of them to adjust, which is easy if you can reach. The left/right is easy to get to, but the up/down is in the very corner tucked up under the side panels like where the turn signal is, which is very weird, and hard to get to. Still haven't adjusted mine properly yet. oops
Old 01-03-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lilrob1213
I'm not in Canada, but I got some spec-d halo projector headlights for my 03 civic coupe ex. Very nice! I like them alot! I do have a couple of hotspots that I can tell, but they don't bother me that much. I wanted to ask if whoever suggested putting mini h1's in their headlights were talking about putting them in these aftermarket headlights or in the stock headlights? Also, is that the hid bulb or the projector?

And yes, there is some wiring involved in getting the halos working and the LED corner light (which I'm not sure if I like the look of or not??) But it's simple, just wire to the existing parking lights to turn off and on when you want and the headlights I bought came with this adapter thing, you simply put the wire from the headlight into one slot and the wire from the harness into the other slot and crimp down on both, all done! simple!

Oh, the hard part is aiming them. They have two screws on the back of them to adjust, which is easy if you can reach. The left/right is easy to get to, but the up/down is in the very corner tucked up under the side panels like where the turn signal is, which is very weird, and hard to get to. Still haven't adjusted mine properly yet. oops
i was referring to throwing some morimoto mini projectors inside the stock oem housings and then throwing some H1 bulbs into them (i already have hids so i would just need to buy the projectors and bulbs)

I'm sure you could do it with aftermarket ones as well but it seems they are a perfect fit for our OEM housings

there is a guide here https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...1-install.html
Old 01-04-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by greenbackz
i was referring to throwing some morimoto mini projectors inside the stock oem housings and then throwing some H1 bulbs into them (i already have hids so i would just need to buy the projectors and bulbs)

I'm sure you could do it with aftermarket ones as well but it seems they are a perfect fit for our OEM housings

there is a guide here https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...1-install.html
Oh yes! I've heard that's a great way to get HIDs in the civic since it fits perfectly if my lenses had been in better shape, not so oxidized I might have went that route, but I wanted them to be crystal clear, and I'm happy with the spec-d lights good luck!
Old 01-05-2015
Registered!!

Good to hear input from everyone on the headlight topic!...

Did a bit of research on the whole HID kits with the projectors and that seems like an ok route as well. I did hear some people saying how after cutting the original housing to fit the projetor in, their lights are jiggling around when going over bumps. How exactly to the projectors stay in place in the original headlight assembely (didn't seem to come across this particular point)? **EDIT** NM, saw the DIY below... Also, some people saying they got fog in their headlights, but I assume they did not do too great of a job with the RTV?

Good to head people are happy with the Spec-D brand, still hoping!..
Old 01-06-2015
Registered!!

Ok, a word of caution to those who buy the spec-d headlights. I just spent 2 and half hours aiming them because the screws to adjust the beams are tucked in too tight to reach while they are installed on the car. The only way I could adjust them was by taking out all the hardware, pulling the headlights out enough to screw those in or out and then re-install the headlights on the car to check. It probably could have taken less time if I didn't make the mistake of screwing in the wrong one and not realizing it.
Old 01-09-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lilrob1213
Oh yes! I've heard that's a great way to get HIDs in the civic since it fits perfectly if my lenses had been in better shape, not so oxidized I might have went that route, but I wanted them to be crystal clear, and I'm happy with the spec-d lights good luck!
haha mine are super oxidized i tried sanding and buffing them, big improvement but still not perfect.. i'm assuming it's super deep and i'd have to sand off way more layers just to get rid of it but meh.. i'll just replace the whole housings eventually like u did lol