7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Central Locking problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blckmamba is an unknown quantity at this point
Central Locking problem

Hi everyone! I am here for the first time and my experience and knowledge are not so vast...
The situation is very similar to the previous post: the original factory alarm (car was purchased from a dealer, so I hope so...) + central locking from the original fobs (x2). Recently the battery was replaced, and after it the siren has operated and whatever I did including removal the battery ground cable - did not help. I've cut off the siren cable and disconnected the connector from the alarm box under the steering wheel.
Actually, I don't need an alarm, but ability to open all the doors using the central locking with remote control fobs is really essential.
I tried to teach the fobs as described in the Service Manual, but unfortunately with no success... On the 4th time I can hear a click, so, as far as I understand, the key fob is learned, but after pulling out the key from ignition, nothing happens ...
Is it possible to do anything? If not, what are my options? Is it possible to put a different mechanism of central locking without disassembling the car too much?
Thanks in advance for any answer!
Sincerely, Victor
Old 07-30-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Central Locking problem

Post pictures of your fobs and your alarm box under the dash please.
Old 07-31-2014
Registered!!

Thanks for your reply! The alarm made by Master Guardian model MG4B. Both photos attached!
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.jpg
Views:	805
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	86923

Name:	photo3.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	86924
Old 07-31-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Ok the fob looks like a regular Honda fob.

You are somewhere near Israel? Your alarm might not be the same as what we have in the US. It's been so long since I've seen an original unit I can't remember what brand it was we installed. Depending on year and trim level, the alarm ("security system") could have been either dealer installed or factory installed.

My manual (for the USA alarm) says you should be able to insert the key in the ignition and turn it to the ON (II) position to disarm the activated alarm.

Copied from the user manual:

The system can be disarmed using the Ignition key regardless of the method used to arm the system.
This method of disarming also serves as an emergency override if the remote control transmitter cannot be used.

So:
Connect battery, alarm activates.
get in car,
stick key in ignition,
turn key on.
Alarm should quit, siren stops, lights stop flashing.

-------

Your issue with the keyless entry: Do the power locks work on all doors if you use the power lock/unlock button on the interior door panel?

If the power lock actuator on the drivers door does not work, the keyless fob will seem to act broken when unlocking because it must sense the drivers door unlocked before the other doors can be unlocked.
Or maybe the MICU or something else in the keyless system has failed?

Fob programming info-- bulletin link: http://www.driveaccord.net/PDF/remot...m%2098-011.pdf

Civic info on page 5

HTH
Old 08-01-2014
Registered!!

Hi, thanks a lot for such a detailed reply! Right, I'm from Israel and this alarm was probably installed by dealer locally. Once the alarm connected, the lights are flashing, so I can't leave the alarm connected permanently, even if ignition cancel this, it will empty the battery, I guess... But actually I don't need this, I'm not obligated to insurance anymore.
The only thing I really need is a keyless entry. As nothing more than the alarm plug was disconnected, I don' understand how this linked to the fact that my central lock doesn't work. I guess there are two independent systems or devices: alarm and keyless entry (though I didn't find the keyless entry box close to the alarm and I even don't know how it looks like...). There is no problem to lock all the 4 doors from the driver's side using both the key or pressing the button. The problem is that I can't teach the fobs using the standard procedure, after 4th time I can here a locking sound, but after confirm and removing the key nothing works...
Old 08-01-2014

so I can't leave the alarm connected permanently, even if ignition cancel this, it will empty the battery, I guess...
It should not. The alarm armed itself when the battery was disconnected.

It should work normally after you get it disarmed. (I hope)

----------------------------------------------------

Red light on the keyless fob still works? Battery good?

Fob programming: Single remote fob
(I don't remove the key until finished, to test if they work)

Ignition ON, push a button, ignition OFF.
Ignition ON, push a button, you should get the door locks cycle (not just clicks in the dash)
System is now in program mode

Push the remote button AGAIN to program that remote. Locks should cycle again as you program the remote.
^Most people miss that step. All the rookies, even the service manager LOL
Old 08-01-2014
Registered!!

Unfortunately the described 2 posts ago procedure doesn't disarm my alarm...
So I disconnected this and it is not an issue anymore
As for the keyless entry:
Red lights on both my fobs are on, the batteries are new. And I try to program them separately, one by one:
Ignition ON, push a button, get the door locks cycle, press the same button again, verify the locks cycle again and turn the key to OFF position. Pull the key out - nothing happen... I did the same for my both fobs, trying press Lock and Unlock buttons with all the doors closed, partially opened - the effect is just the same.
Where the remote receiver is located? Another thought: there are a couple of wires under the hood, two of them go to the horn, which is already removed (maybe, the alarm cannot be disarmed until this guy will be connected to the circuit and I should connect it back?) and one or two are connected to some spring button, which is responsible for the hood open/close signal, I guess... The contact there is not so good, can it be a reason for alarm/remote entry fault?
Thanks!
Old 08-01-2014

It would seem your security system is unlike a factory or dealer installed Honda accessory security system here in the US.
Yours uses a separate siren, ours use the vehicles horn.

I'm going to suggest you try to obtain diagrams and instructions for that brand of alarm (google the company and model numbers), or visit the original dealer that had it installed.

Seems like it could be interfering with the operation of the OE keyless entry.
I have no way of knowing for certain.

There's also other things involved in the keyless.....the multiplex system is what carries out the commands of the keyless receiver.

What is the year and model (trim) of the car?
Number of doors?

Our 01-05 model Civics-- the keyless receiver is mounted behind the center panel below the radio area... small box, 4 wires, box is maybe 5x7cm or so.
Here's a link to some installation instructions for the accessory keyless unit, you should be able to see general location: http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/civickeyless01.pdf

Here's a thread dealing with some keyless issues, maybe there's info in this that may help?
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...horn-work.html
Old 08-02-2014
Registered!!

Thanks a lot for the installation instructions, but unfortunately I could not located the receiver. Perhaps, it varies from model to model ( mine is 2004 M.Y, 4 doors, not sure for an exact model).
What I did found is a blown fuse located close to the under-dash fuse box. This fuse is 10A wide fuse, unlike the others, smaller fuses both from under-hood and under-dash fuse boxes, sitting in some black fuse-house box. I'm not sure this fuse is somehow related to my problem, especially due to the fact, that the system perfectly works using the door power locks, but I'll give it a try once I found this fuse.
Old 08-02-2014

Thanks a lot for the installation instructions, but unfortunately I could not located the receiver. Perhaps, it varies from model to model ( mine is 2004 M.Y, 4 doors, not sure for an exact model).
It may vary, and I did not know what year and trim your car is. I just took a guess.
Plus, you are in a different country from me. The vehicles there might appear similar, but parts and systems may be completely different from what we have over here.

What I did found is a blown fuse located close to the under-dash fuse box.
Accessories installed will usually have their own fuse(s) somewhere along the wiring to that accessory.

The instructions from the keyless show its own wire harness with its own little fuse holders at step 10.

Here's install instructions for the USA 2004 security system if you want to take a look: http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/04civsec.pdf
Old 08-03-2014
Registered!!

Thanks for your help again, but it seems like I have completely different model comparing to what you have guys in US. This is my model:

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	86940
And I didn't find anything in common with the installation instructions you sent... The question is there any way to get the exact procedure for above model? Having this I'll be able to manage with this fault, I believe
Old 08-03-2014

I have no access to any repair information for cars in other countries. My info is for USA only, although some of it applies to Canadian cars.

I think you'll have to find a dealer source in your area for more accurate information regarding your particular car.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Old 08-04-2014
Registered!!

You're right, there is no escape...I will do it...Anyway, thanks a lot for your patience and your willingness to help, appreciate it very much!