7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Is this for real?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EM2 Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this for real?

I mean does anybody actually think you could get anywhere near 20,000 for a civic that looks like this ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Civic-DX-Custom-Honda-Civic-2002-/121324491963?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c3f80d4bb&item=121324491963&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&autorefresh=true
Old 04-22-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Is this for real?

I doubt the owner will sell it at that price. It's a very nice looking car but it has high-ish miles and doesn't have a turbo or anything. It's a very well-polished turd
Old 04-22-2014
Registered!!

Javage is an unknown quantity at this point

No doubt they have some money tied up in it; but with that many miles and it appeared to be all bolt-on mods I think he would be lucky to get $5-7K.

But you can't blame the guy for trying, and if someone pays that much its their own fault.
Old 04-22-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

if we all chip in $25 bucks we could buy it then burn it.i would pay to see that mods get on this ASAP.
Old 04-22-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lowlife9
if we all chip in $25 bucks we could buy it then burn it.i would pay to see that mods get on this ASAP.
I'm in. I'll go to Florida to pick it up.
Old 04-22-2014
*watches temp gauge like a hawkboss* :D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GolNat
I'm in. I'll go to Florida to pick it up.
Old 04-22-2014
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I offered him $50

lol, no I didn't. Looks like the work was done clean enough, but too much rice for me.
Old 04-22-2014
Super Moderator

Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Oh man, I just noticed that it has an accident on its record too. Nice.
Old 04-22-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

im going to start a donation based foundation to stop the this. donate as much as you want then then car will be destroyed in a manner of choosing by vote for your viewing pleasure.
Old 04-22-2014

kinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of light

To the seller, it's probably worth $20K to him. In this universe though... not so much.
Old 04-22-2014
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lowlife9
im going to start a donation based foundation to stop the this. donate as much as you want then then car will be destroyed in a manner of choosing by vote for your viewing pleasure.
Donate it to that show where they blow **** up XD
Old 04-24-2014
Registered!!

Socal_EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm down light her up and watch her burn!!!!just let me get the engine wire harness and ECM first...lol And that guy is on something if he thinks he'll get 20k because that car is worth 4-5k tops as with everything custom you don't get out what you put into it
Old 04-24-2014
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

5K if he is lucky, that is assuming the work is all professionally done, not by him in his garage,

when will people learn, cosmetics like that do not increase the value

this is like selling a cubic zirconia for the price of a real diamond

i have never understood why anybody would want a car that looks fast but is not fast, i would rather have the complete opposite

Last edited by mikey1; 04-24-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-24-2014
Administrator
Administrator

The sad reality is that he's probably gonna get close to what he wants for it. You all know there is some ricer wannabe with daddy's money that'll pick that thing up and claim it as his own work..
Old 04-24-2014

Originally Posted by mikey1
I have never understood why anybody would want a car that looks fast but is not fast, would rather have the complete opposite.
Exactly.

Have *always* been a sleeper fan... it's a lot harder for the guy who put five grand into slowing his car down with all the usual rice-based nonsense, to swallow that the dingy car with the birds**t on the trunk and stock ride height, but nailed every single apex on the area's best mini-touge with minimal effort from a super-usable powerband, just made his choices worth exactly zero.

As a racer too, this is why you never assume the older guy with the two-gens-obsolete, dented-tank bike but still there at the end of the season, is automatically rolling roadblock -- he will make you prove you belong in front of him. My SV650, with its stockish powerband and heavily modded legs and brakes, has gone around many, many brand-new riced-out 600s and even some literbikes, in the infield. Even more than in the car world, skill always trumps 'cred' and douchebag aesthetics.
Old 04-24-2014
Super Moderator

But... the stickers... LED lighting... horsepower???!?1
Old 04-24-2014
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kinakoes2

As a racer too, this is why you never assume the older guy with the two-gens-obsolete, dented-tank bike but still there at the end of the season, is automatically rolling roadblock -- he will make you prove you belong in front of him. My SV650, with its stockish powerband and heavily modded legs and brakes, has gone around many, many brand-new riced-out 600s and even some literbikes, in the infield. Even more than in the car world, skill always trumps 'cred' and douchebag aesthetics.
i know exactly what your saying!

i used to have a 1985 Yamaha RZ500 4 cylinder 2 stroke, i rebuilt the top end and lowered the gearing, but other than that it was stock,

i couldn't count the number of times guys were shocked when i blew their 1100's away, size isn't everything when it comes to engines

damn that bike was fast
Old 04-24-2014

Originally Posted by mikey1
1985 Yamaha RZ500 4 cylinder 2 stroke... damn that bike was fast
Not only was it fast in a straight line... the GSX-R1100 isn't exactly known for transitioning very well... or at all.

Jesus that RZ500 (RD500 LC in Canada ) must've been a handful though (rare, so you don't want to bin it playing too hard, either)... not too many kids nowadays know the old-school two-stroke powerbands... esp on tarmac.

My racing mentor raced RZ400s and FZR400s in the '80s and '90s -- he drilled into me constantly that rivals with power but no chassis are your best friends on the track... and your 'eyes' are the most cost-effective upgrade you can get.

That barf puddle of a Civic represents what you get when all you want or care about is looking the part, despite how fragile that bubble can be.

Last edited by kinakoes2; 04-24-2014 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Canuck shout-out for RD500 LC :D
Old 04-24-2014
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by Poopies
But... the stickers... LED lighting... horsepower???!?1
You're god damn right there are stickers. +5 horsepower per sticker, buddy!

source: Full time biology student by day, ricetastic ninja-monkey administrator by night
Old 04-24-2014

The really odd thing about this car is that the front looks like a riced out 2013 Caprice now, due to those headlights.