7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

7th Gen Civic Owners

Old 03-30-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UM4R3X is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation 7th Gen Civic Owners

Hey guys what's up, I've had my civic for about a month, and I really like it, and I'm just wondering about what you guys are doing with yours, whether it is mods or just cosmetics. Feel free to post your pictures or even just throw ideas out there that you wanna see someone try. Spread this thread and have fun!
Old 03-30-2014
Registered!!

j3hff is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 7th Gen Civic Owners

It's a fantastic car, the only thing that I believe it is lacking(besides power) are good head lights. I'd replace the bulbs with some ebay HIDs. I bought some in 2005 for $75 shipped and they never went out.
Old 03-30-2014
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UM4R3X
Hey guys what's up, I've had my civic for about a month, and I really like it, and I'm just wondering about what you guys are doing with yours, whether it is mods or just cosmetics. Feel free to post your pictures or even just throw ideas out there that you wanna see someone try. Spread this thread and have fun!
You. Spreading 7thgen love and all that jazz.. I like you.. lol

I've had my 7thgen ex coupe for going on 12 years now, and it's definitely been quite the roller coaster. Let's run down the list here...

3 different suspension setups
2 Different intakes, 3 if you include the brief stint in being turbocharged
3 different head units
3 different sub setups
3 different kinds of shift *****
2 different valve covers
3 different paint jobs for plastic under the hood
3 different kinds of windshield washer nozzles
3 different HID kits
2 different kinds of headlight housings (OEM and TYC)
2 different projectors in the TYCs (Valeo H7 and TSX)
2 different hood pins
3 different license plate numbers
2 different sets of lug nuts
[insert ridiculous number here] different bulbs used all around
And probably some things I've made many different changes over the years.

Check my profile for how she sits now.. Way too much to list.. lol

Click the "Azumi" link in my sig for pics

If you want a good giggle while looking at pics of my car (and awesome desert scenery), clicky

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 03-31-2014 at 12:56 AM. Reason: added more different setups I remembered.. lol
Old 03-31-2014
Registered!!

Haha xRiCeBoYx ya feelin the love?!? Yeah I think I'll put some new bulbs in, plus they look good. I was debating whether or not to get the VTEC SOHC sticker for mine or not, what's your guys' opinions?
Old 03-31-2014
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I've been contemplating the SOHC VTEC sticker on the rear quarter panel for a while now.. Probably since 2004.. lol.. Just never got around to finding one that I liked.

Also, if you wanna go the HID route, do it right so you're not blinding people. I have a huge bias against folks who put HIDs in non-HID equipped reflector housings. You can thank lifted trucks and ricer fcks for that one. Costs a bit more, but you'll put more light on the ground and it'll look hella better, more of a "came from the factory" look, less po-po attention. It'll run you about $300, and it's basically a plug and play package, if you buy from theretrofitsource.com, that is. Their customer service is second to none.

cheap way (google images).. Upon further review, this is actually a side by side comparison of incorrect (left) and correct (right)

correct way (my retrofit)

and here's how much light I put on the ground
Name:  SDC13406.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  71.0 KB

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 03-31-2014 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-31-2014
Registered!!

Ok thanks man! Hey do you have any pictures of your car? The exterior and stuff? I checked the Azumi link and noticed you got some nice stuff in your car, but I wanna see what your car looks like.
Old 03-31-2014
Registered!!

What size and brand and other stuff should I get for my 05 civic coupe special edition.
Old 03-31-2014
Registered!!

For the HID lights
Old 03-31-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

How it sits at the moment:

Name:  SAM_0152_zps11886a0b.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  66.8 KB

I have the following to install when I get time and the weather improves:

front lip, and side skirts that need painting.
Yellow fogs lights
Rear disc conversion
lower control arms (need to buy poly bushings)
Old 04-01-2014
*watches temp gauge like a hawkboss* :D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of light

*sigh* I wish I had straight rear quarter panels... so pretty. Mine even have dents on the D-pillar on the driver's side.

Nice seven spoke wheels, too. Not obnoxious, but not boring either. Probably save a ton of unsprung weight vs. stock EX wheels.
Old 04-01-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kinakoes2
Nice seven spoke wheels, too. Not obnoxious, but not boring either. Probably save a ton of unsprung weight vs. stock EX wheels.
Thanks. They are Honda Factory Performance wheels. Compared to my 14" OE steelies they are probably a little heavier. They are my summer wheels with summer tires, this is how I am currently with winter Honda Fit wheels.

Name:  SAM_0203_zpsfd7f9afd.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  106.6 KB
Old 04-01-2014
*watches temp gauge like a hawkboss* :D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of light

I think l like the Fit wheels even better (at least for my rather fogey-ish aesthetic sensibilities). Not to mention road surfaces here eat 40-series aspect ratios for lunch... it's the land of gouged ricer rims, here on a dang island. The Fit wheels look slightly more sensible for the lunar surfaces here...

Well, on to my (recently acquired) '04 EX. Pretty steadily abused through neglect by its previous owners (namely probably not having done the most expensive work, the dreaded head gasket)... but am monitoring. Needs ball joints and most likely tie rod ends from the potholes here, maybe a manual trans fluid and coolant swap... but very little else. Pretty happy with it.

Mods? An HID setup from TRS is right on the front burner. GolNat makes a pretty no-brainer case for spending the cash to slip them in -- those pics make it pretty hard to make any case against them, other than cost... am currently making them a birthday present to myself.

Last edited by kinakoes2; 04-01-2014 at 08:13 PM.